Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Chloe has not gained an once since she was 8months old. Teddy and Bruiser grew for about 15months. Teddy weighed 4pounds when he was 6months old and was 6lbs three months later :shock: I guess you just never know.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 4 pounder and a 5 pounder..they hit that weight at 6 mths and haven't gotten any bigger. They are 2 and 3 yrs old. Both of their breeders said they wouldn't be over 5 lbs and they are right. I had a size chart that was dead on with my dogs. My vet said they are considered a pup up until 12 mths old and this differs between breeds.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I had wondered about this too. Angel just turned 6 months so I guess it is fairly safe to say that she is about as big as she will get. She is about 6-7 pounds. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When I took Cooper into the vet for his first shots, the doctor said he'd be about 4 pounds.

Six months later, she changed her guess to 6 pounds.

He's 2 1/2 years old now and he's 10.5 pounds. I think he tilted that scale around a year of age.

Disclaimer: Cooper is also very muscular, as well as overweight. He could probably lose a pound or 1.5 and be his target weight. But my mother always says "Better to be fat and happy than skinny and miserable."

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I can't remember when we noticed Britney would stop getting bigger...but my brother Joe was the one that noticed first :)

My aunt and uncle's chihuahua, Chewie, was nice and small and chubby when he was a puppy and we dunno WHAT happened, he's like a freaking Mini-Deer...his ears aren't even straight up..they're floppy! :twisted:

Anyways, we Love Britney the way she is...it's not that I don't like Chewie..he does have his cute moments but he is the Biggest one from his litter..his sisters are so tiny and his brother is smaller than him.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I got Buster when he was 8 months old and he is now about 17 months old, he has gained about 1 1/2 pounds since I got him. He now weighs about 7 pounds. He mainly filled out.

Mr. Peepers was done growing by the time he was 8 months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts