Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give Daisy a big girl bath today but she also had a bath buddy, my son. So I got two birds with one stone, lol.

I filled up the bath enough that it reached her tummy so she could still walk, but if I put my hands under her and lifted her up she would paddle with her feet.

I made sure it was warm but not too warm or too cold. I was wanting to work on her getting use to the water and learning to swim.

So CJ would sit at one end of the tub and I was on the outside on the other side and I would hold her enough to paddle and hand her over to CJ and CJ would do the same to get her back to me.

She didnt scream like she usually does or cling to me till I had to wash her. So far Johnston and Johnston baby wash is doing wonders for her coat. Shes so soft and fluffy after she fully dries off.

She tried to climb out of the tub a few times but as long as someone had an hand on her she was calm and did so well. I think I might do a few more bathtimes like this so she will feel more secure. And my little guy had fun too. Oh and they both got clean in the process.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
That's a smart way to get her used to water. If she sees that bath time is a fun time, she's likely not to give you such a hard time when it's bath-time. You could take her in the pool or lake with you and teach her to swim by holding her back end up while she paddles with her front legs. Some learn very quickly how to hold their back end up & some need a little help. Way to go!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a smart way to get her used to water. If she sees that bath time is a fun time, she's likely not to give you such a hard time when it's bath-time. You could take her in the pool or lake with you and teach her to swim by holding her back end up while she paddles with her front legs. Some learn very quickly how to hold their back end up & some need a little help. Way to go!!!
The lake would be wonderful if it was taken care of. Which its not my son sliced his foot on some glass. Thank God he didn't need stitches but it took a while to coach him back into any water even the bath tub.

I'm am hoping to get a pool this summer. But the kiddie pool we have might be just right for her. That's usually where Rocki gets her baths in the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.