Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your chi baby took a big bite out of your pizza or food, would u stil eat it or would you throw it away?

Would you share your Popsicle with your chi?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Done both. I used to share popsicles and ice cream with our Basenji growing up. Germs don't really bother me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would continue eating it! Unless they took off with it on the floor. Tyler has done this before when I wasn't paying attention he jumped up towards my plate and took off with a slice of pizza.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would continue eating it! Unless they took off with it on the floor. Tyler has done this before when I wasn't paying attention he jumped up towards my plate and took off with a slice of pizza.
Lol!!!! Running pizza...wait...it's a chihuahua running away with the pizza!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'd ask myself who left human food where my dogs could get it!!

It makes me nervous watching people feeding human junk food to dogs. Especially popsicles and things that could have artificial sugar which is toxic to dogs.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Would not phase me a bit, I don't eat ice cream generally aside from "real" ice cream that's not full of crap and fillers and air.

Pizza is great! my husband makes amazing pizza with organic veggies :D far from "junk" :lol:
My dogs loooove it.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
There were no artificial sugar popsicles or ice cream when I was growing up. lol And I was 12 at the time, we really didn't know better. I shudder to think what we sometimes fed that dog. But he was an accomplished thief, too. And he lived a good long life. None the worse for wear.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
There were no artificial sugar popsicles or ice cream when I was growing up. lol And I was 12 at the time, we really didn't know better. I shudder to think what we sometimes fed that dog. But he was an accomplished thief, too. And he lived a good long life. None the worse for wear.
Pam :lol: no worries, I would not feel bad.. I remember the "pet" dog we grew up with, never ate dog food a day in her life.. lived until 19.
I can just imagine what my brother & I fed her.. :laughing6: anything off our plates we didn't want..

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
When we first brought him home, he was 6 months old and the vet told us to feed him ground meat, browned on the stove. And that's all he ate the first few years until the cost of beef got too high and we got more dogs. And he loved his cup of coffee with cream and sugar every Sunday. lol

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When we first brought him home, he was 6 months old and the vet told us to feed him ground meat, browned on the stove. And that's all he ate the first few years until the cost of beef got too high and we got more dogs. And he loved his cup of coffee with cream and sugar every Sunday. lol
Isn't coffee TOXIC?!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I should have clarified. One of mine has chronic colitis. She can have no grains nor dairy at all. She cannot process kibble nor canned food. As a result, no one gets human food except occasional baked (no spices) chicken or turkey meat.

I see far too many people treat nutrition with their dogs like they do their small kids. Offering them regular candy, ice cream, etc.

They do not need it and it is not being mean not to let them have it.

We fed our boy, ****, from our table and he succumbed to congestive heart failure. I committed to be more diligent with the girls. I want these chicks healthy and around until they are 20!!

I realize everyone feels differently. That is just where I have landed given (likely too much) research related to her issues.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well considering how many Chi's just love to eat poop, be it their own, their bro's & sis's or anyone else's that happens to have 4 legs, the answer is a very resounding "NO!" to both questions.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I should have clarified. One of mine has chronic colitis. She can have no grains nor dairy at all. She cannot process kibble nor canned food. As a result, no one gets human food except occasional baked (no spices) chicken or turkey meat.

I see far too many people treat nutrition with their dogs like they do their small kids. Offering them regular candy, ice cream, etc.

They do not need it and it is not being mean not to let them have it.

We fed our boy, ****, from our table and he succumbed to congestive heart failure. I committed to be more diligent with the girls. I want these chicks healthy and around until they are 20!!

I realize everyone feels differently. That is just where I have landed given (likely too much) research related to her issues.
Karen, I agree with you. None of my dogs I have now get anything except chicken or steak, tiny little piece as a special treat, anymore. This was what we fed my first dog, 45 years ago, way before anyone knew what good dog nutrition was.

·
Registered
211 Posts
With PP I can't leave any drink were she can get to it. She think it's her's. Pp's favorite is mountain dew. Tyler loves coffee. I don't mind sharing a glass of water with either of them. Pp will drink anything. Milk, Coffee, soda, orange juice whatever it is. I have to warn visitors sometime's to not put there cup down were she can get it.

In our house in Virginia we had a couch that had cup holders on it. We could not leave anything there especially with PP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lol!!!! Running pizza...wait...it's a chihuahua running away with the pizza!
The sad part was he wasn't even 4 months old yet. The pizza slice was bigger then him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts