Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought since I wrote the Tushy Wipe post why not start a funny one talking about some of our experiences while bathing our animals.

Daisy I had to wash her mainly because she smelled like smoke and it can really mess up my asthma up sometimes. Poor thing thankfully fit in the sink so I didn't have to kill my back. But I have never had a dog try to climb my arm like she did. She was NOT please and screamed and tried to get out and climb. I think by the end I was as wet as her. I wrapped her up in a towel and thankfully she just laid there exhausted and giving me the stink eye of how could you. Oh and I came out with scratches from her too.

If I bath Stormy she sounds like a child screaming, "NO!!" My husband came home once while I was bathing her and asked why our son was screaming no.

Cuddles my husand and I swear we will NEVER give her a bath again after we did it when we got her as a kitten. Poor thing was covered in fleas and had to have a bath almost every other day while doing a comb through. Each time she would start climbing tiles in the shower and get to the shower head. From there she got her whole body attached to the shower head and any time we tried to get her she would scratch us. We had finally got it down, that one person would hold her person B would turn the shower head. Person A would keep a tight hold on her and get her soaked. Person B would grab soap and start soaping and rubbing her down while Person A was still holding her but not under the shower head at this time and yes bleeding some. Once she was all suds up. Person A would put her back under the shower head and Person B would start rinsing her off and getting the soap out till the water ran clean. Than Person B turned off the shower while A was still holding her and bleeding even more. Person B would than grab a towel and as he wrapped over Person A first hand A would remove the hand and B would take the place of holding her over the towel. And this would continue till she was fully wrapped. No she was NOT a happy kitty.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Awww poor baby Stormy, screaming NO! NO! Funny for us but not funny for the "bathee".

I was expecting my baby's first bath to be a nightmare.

Where I live, the shower head is removable, sort of like a telephone receiver. I know that chihuahuas dont really like baths and I have yet to hear a story about a baby that enjoys it. So, I started putting my girl in the tub to walk around and play to get used to it..Each day I would drip some water in there let her walk around in there, she didnt like it all that much and tried to get out every time.

Well, Saturday I dripped a little too much water in there and had to just cut our "practice runs" short and go for the real thing. She went nuts yapping.... and playing! I couldnt believe it...she loved it!

My husband came and held her for me to wash her with that "telephone" and she even lifted her head to get scrubbed on her tiny neck and rinsed. She didnt want to come out and after she ran and rubbed herself all over the carpets she came back to the bathtub and tried to get back in for another. I hope there is nothing wrong with her!

Then again, I hope it lasts and she doesnt change her mind!!!

I am looking forward to reading the other stories!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hotchi sticks his legs out hoping to push against something so he cant get wet. The others are all ok with baths but Hotchi for some reason is relentless when try to get out of a bath. I tell him all the time"if you going to go out side and roll around in whatever it is out there you roll and come in reeking of fowlness, then you better get use to a bath!" :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.