Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your Chi's eat do they play with it? Like paw at it or the bowl? Bailey can't just eat her food without playing around.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie grabs a mouthful and carries it to the carpet, then guards it from the other two. It's like she's afraid we're going to run out of food and never have anymore. It may take her hours to eat it, but let one of the other dogs come close, and she will gather it up in her mouth again, and spit it back out when they walk away.

I suppose my other two are fairly normal in comparison!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My little Maia takes a few pieces out of the bowl and runs across the room to eat them if she's really hungry. Other times, I will catch her tossing pieces around like they are a toy, play growling at them for a little bit before she eats them. I just have to laugh at her because it's funny.....

·
Registered
946 Posts
LOL! No playing around in our house with food...but then there are either 3 or 5 eating at once depending on the day. Mine are all a pinch over 1 year though too. When they were young they played around more and when a new food was introduced it caused some curious behavior too ( raw fed)!:)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm having issues with this at the moment. Chloe inhales her raw chicken but she's not so sure about her raw red meat so she throws it around, paws at it and even barks at it. It's hilarious to watch but a bit annoying because while she is doing this with one piece Axle has gotten in to her bowl and eaten half her food (and he's meant to be on portion control as he had some rapid weight gain after his neuter).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts