Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Chis, they are both 11 weeks old. I have had Bailey since she was 1 1/2 week old, Peanut has been with us for about three weeks. I went to Petco yesterday because I was out of formula for the kids. I went to go get the formula and they were out. I found a salesperson and asked if he had the formula in the back. He proceeded to tell me that they were out and suggested another brand. He then said that I should be switching formula to the second stage because it is a little thicker and would whean (sp?) them out of formula and get them used to eating hard food. Well I then proceeded to tell him that they both eat hard food already, to which he responded then why are they still drinking formula. I then told him that Bailey drank her bottle in the morning and to go to sleep, Peanut does not know how to drink from a bottle so I put the formula in a little plate (now keep in mind that the lady that I purchased Peanut from told me that he did not drink milk anymore) The sales person then asked how old my babies were and I told him 11 weeks old to which he laughed and said "they are not babies anymore and asked if I had any children" I said yes I know they are spoiled but if you looked in their eyes you would too sit and give them bottle.

He then smiled and said good luck with that mommy.

I hope there are a few of you that know how I feel. I look into their eyes when they ask for milk, and I say to myself, I am not going to give them milk anymore and they look at me with this "please mommy I want my bottle look" and my heart melts.

:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bailey's mommy had three puppies and she killed two and before she could kill Bailey the owners of the mommy took her away and I have had her ever since. I became the doggie mommy she did not get to have. I saw her and immediately fell in love.

Yes they are both 11 weeks and still drinking replacement milk, Why is that bad?

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Bailey's mommy had three puppies and she killed two and before she could kill Bailey the owners of the mommy took her away and I have had her ever since. I became the doggie mommy she did not get to have. I saw her and immediately fell in love.

Yes they are both 11 weeks and still drinking replacement milk, Why is that bad?
Yes, they should be eating regular food by now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry to mention that yes they do eat regular food but they both like a bottle in the morning and a bottle at night before they go to sleep. Trust me when I way the do eat regular food they are little but the sure eat like big dogs. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts