Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked several times before.. but my question is a bit different because Dior will be 17months in a few days and recently I noticed that a patch of fur where her lower ribcage is, is turning black, like she is growing black fur where is used to be cream/white! The funny thing is, it's in a diamond shape like the one on her head, but I am wondering why now is it changing colors? Could it have something to do with growing a winter coat? I live in the south and it isnt cold yet! Hmm. I am 100% sure that it is new, and getting darker. Picture 1 is from several months ago, and Picture 2 is a week ago.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Barbie has changed colors as well. Her 'sable' spot around her tail has black hair in too. And I have noticed that the older she gets (9 months now) she gets like sable colored frekles. Its quite cute. Of course I think everything about her is cute.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It is very normal for a chi to have changes in fur color and skin color. Ginger has gotten very dark as she gets older. She use to be a light fawn color but now she is a dark fawn with a black stripe down her back. Her solid black tail has now turned sable, except for the tip and the base which is still black.
I wouldnt worry too much about it :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts