Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys/gals think it would be a good idea for me to have Hugo shaved? just because he is still so patchy and his fur is growing back but very very slowly... I Just want him to feel "proud" in his little chihuahua way... He is really coming along... He dosnt bark often I have only heard him once and it was this very cute scratchy bark lol.. He is eating a lot more and his accidents are really coming along... but Its been hard... after 10 years of just being bale to go where ever ,,, ,lets just say he is very stubborn and I am so very very thankful for belly bands!!! anyways here I am rambling on and on lol Sorry...

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I wouldn't shave him...it can actually cause a form of alopecia where fur just doesn't grow back. If you want to do something, take him to a good groomer and ask them to really clean him up and do the best they can with his coat?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Professional Strength Missing Link (sold at Vet Depot) might really help him with his hair/coat regrowth and overall health, FWIW.
Awesome thanks we don't have a vet depot here but in sure I can find it somewhere

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Just a side note: I wonder if Hugo was 'debarked' or had his bark "softened'? Many stud dogs at puppy mills have this procedure done. Sue

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
With summer coming on, he would risk sunburn if you shave him & knowing how the majority of chis love to sun-bathe--that would be a bad idea!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts