Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm really intrigued by agility and would like to start Sapphire in a class. I love to run and I love dogs so what could be better than running with your dog. This is the first time she jumped the bar both 3 and 8 inch height (pretty good for a 3.25 pound dog). She needs a lot of work but she seems to like it. Plus she is motivated by carrots!!!!

Future Agility Star - YouTube

Registered
Woohoo Go girls! I love that you have a "pretty" set of bars - it's never something I thought I'd compliment someone on ;) I bet Sapphire will rock agility class, she'll need sweat bands!

It's my dream to get Basil into an agility class here, he is keen to please (for food at least) and has the stamina and spring of a mountain goat! he can jump to around 3.5 feet, we had a bed on a very raised platform on holiday last year that was a touch over 3.5 feet and he looked so sad as he thought he couldn't get up so he tried and got up. It's quite remarkable how he can jump!

My French needs to be a bit stronger and I'd need to get a car but both of those things are in motion or on the horizon, It is something I hope to have realised in 2015 :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very lucky. My breeders daughter is into agility and makes this pint sized equipment. She is teaching a class at her house too. We went to the first class yesterday. Sapphire is very good. She jumped two consecutive bars and went through the tunnel. She also jumped through the hoop and did well on the stationary table. Lady was a close second, trying everyone Sapphire did but was not as consistent. Prince is my "passenger/spectator".....he just wanted to watch (-;

PS- We went through a lot of treats last night but it was fun. Would love to get them good enough for a competition. Also, if you want tiny agility equipment, PM me and I give you contact information. She makes about anything!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts