Chihuahua People Forum banner

Güera is hving her puppies now

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  svdreamer 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess they got the length of her pregnancy wrong as I woke up very early this morning and Güera already had one puppy. I thought I had more time! So far, she has had two. A brown and white splotched without a tail and a white one with a tail. Came out to make some coffee, now back to watch her some more. I will keep you updated.

#6 ·
She's sleeping right now, so I sneaked away for a bit. Güera has no tail, I think she is a chi/corgi mix. I was told her last litter, half the babies had tails, the other half were tailless. She is being a good mommy, I tried removing the first baby to get it out of the way while the second was born, but she freaked and went looking for it, so I had to give it back. And she chased a cat that walked into my bedroom before I got her transferred to the bathroom. I wish I knew how many babies to expect, I was scheduled to take her in Tuesday to get an exam and xray. Oh well, she didn't want to wait.

#9 ·
You'll need to weigh the babies asap to check they are putting on weight she's gonna have to get use to it they maybe premature the move could have made her come on early so keep a very close eye on them

Keep an eye on the placentas only let er eat a couole or she could get an upset stomach you need to ensure there is one placenta for every puppy if there isn't get her to the vet!! She and pups will need to e checked out over the next couple of days

Once she's done she will need a constant supply of food and water remember it must be a high quality feed!! Try to get her out for the toilet once she is done you will prob have to take a puppy with you!!

Check the puppies for cleft paletes etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.