Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Gambit in for his neuter this morning and am waiting to hear within the next hour or two how it went. He's also having a few puppy teeth pulled.

Although its less invasive than a spay, I am still worried for my boy. I've already been through it with Kiki so I know what to expect but still, I am nervous.

Hopefully everything will be smooth sailing and I'll have him in my arms this afternoon!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sarah. I've just phoned and he's having it done now so I'm going to call back in a bit and see if he's out yet.
Should hopefully be picking him up at 2.30pm.

I've felt sick all this morning. Just want to hurry up and bring him home :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
I feel for you Lucy... it's such a horrid sickening feeling when they have to have any surgery. And the waiting to bring them home just isn't easy... no taking the mind off it whatever you do :(

But on the plus side... I'm sure it will all go swimmingly and that you'll have Gambit home and he'll be running around again before you even realize it. In a few days time, you'll both have forgotten all about it! :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I got everything crossed for him! I was a nervous wreck with daisys spay thought I was gonna vomit it's awful I just think no news is good news!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Btw how is chaos?? What a fab name!!!!! Need more pics of him and Kiki andgambit when he's over the chop chop

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel for you Lucy... it's such a horrid sickening feeling when they have to have any surgery. And the waiting to bring them home just isn't easy... no taking the mind off it whatever you do :(

But on the plus side... I'm sure it will all go swimmingly and that you'll have Gambit home and he'll be running around again before you even realize it. In a few days time, you'll both have forgotten all about it! :)
The most consoling thought is that its no where near as invasive as Kiki's spay. Im just counting down the minutes till I can go back there and get him.

Its a different vets to where Kiki had her spay and this morning the nurse was soooo rude to me :(
Just made me think I don't even want to go back after his post op check!

I got everything crossed for him! I was a nervous wreck with daisys spay thought I was gonna vomit it's awful I just think no news is good news!!!
Thanks so much. I feel the same and yep I agree, no news is good news!
When I phoned, the nurse had to put me on hold to see if he's been done yet and I was sitting there, for what seemed like hours, thinking she was going to come back on the line and tell me something awful!
Thank goodness she just said he's being done now and to arrive for 2.30 :D

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww bless him and you!
I will be the same when Dillon goes in for his.
It really is the lead up to it, and the wait to get them home that is torture for us.
They seem to take it in their stride really.
Am sure all will go well.
Let us know when he is home.
He is such a wee cutie by the way. xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. Longest day ever! I hope he's back to himself and feeling great again soon. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know exactly how you feel. Longest day ever! I hope he's back to himself and feeling great again soon. :)
Thanks so much Tracy.
When Kiki had her spay and I went to pick her up, she acted as though it was a breeze and was great. Gambit, as I thought, isnt at his best, bless him.
Just going to give him a very quiet evening with extra cuddles!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw how is chaos?? What a fab name!!!!! Need more pics of him and Kiki andgambit when he's over the chop chop
Chaos is the naughtiest little monkey ever. He is soooo funny. I will get some pics up soon!

Aww bless him and you!
I will be the same when Dillon goes in for his.
It really is the lead up to it, and the wait to get them home that is torture for us.
They seem to take it in their stride really.
Am sure all will go well.
Let us know when he is home.
He is such a wee cutie by the way. xx
Thanks Terri! Everyone says he's ugly lol but he is my little baby :)

We are finally home now. He has been drooling because of the teeth he had removed. It was either 5 or 6 teeth that had to come out. He's very sleepy at the moment. I am so glad he is home though!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so glad he's back home with you and that all went well. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts