Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Gemma can't sit, she isn't very good at understanding "no" yet, but she can give a high five! Haha. It's just too darn cute. It only took her two days to learn it completely! This was yesterday. She's a high fiving pro now. :D

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Oh. My. God. She is simply the cutest little chi ever besides my Toby. She actually reminds me of him but with lighter coloring! He is older than Gemma (7 months) and doesn't know high five yet!!! But he does know sit, stay and fetch. We are still working on coming when called and a few other commands.

She is just so darn cute. Keep up the good work Gemma!!!!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. My. God. She is simply the cutest little chi ever besides my Toby. She actually reminds me of him but with lighter coloring! He is older than Gemma (7 months) and doesn't know high five yet!!! But he does know sit, stay and fetch. We are still working on coming when called and a few other commands.

She is just so darn cute. Keep up the good work Gemma!!!!
Lol, thank you! When I saw Toby I thought she looked a bit like him too. :) That's great! Gemma can play fetch really well, she just does that naturally. However, I'm still trying to teach her to go fetch things herself without me throwing them first. She knows her name pretty well now too and usually comes when I call her. I'll be working on sit, stay, and no next. The high five thing actually just happened accidentally. She picked up on it so fast!

That is simply precious!!! I love her face!
Thank you! She was a little camera shy there. I did it with her a few times before that then I grabbed the camera and she got a little shy, lol. By that last one she was like "Dangit, Mom, I've done this like five times already!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is so sweet!!

I have to say that high five is my favorite trick. I make mine do it over and over.

The fact that she is bilingual is also impressive. haha! Pretty AND smart!!
Isn't it so adorable when they do it? I have her do it all the time now. I don't do any training with treats because she doesn't really care for anything edible I try to give her, but she'll do anything for neck and tummy scratches and lots of praise and love.

I was thinking when we got her that it was going to be like starting over with training her since she had been growing up with Swedish for 10.5 weeks, but so far she has learned everything so fast! I think it's just the tone of voice that they learn by.

People in public come up to her and speak Swedish and she watches Swedish TV, lol, so I would say she is probably pretty bilingual! ;)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
She is such a cutie pie! A good one to teach her next is 'up high', hold your hand up like that but higher so she has to go up on her back legs to reach you. Chloe loves this trick, she gets really excited when she gets asked to do it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you! She was a little camera shy there. I did it with her a few times before that then I grabbed the camera and she got a little shy, lol. By that last one she was like "Dangit, Mom, I've done this like five times already!" :rolleyes:
Every single one of my animals does that...
doing something cute? I grab the camera... Turn back around... And they are doing something ENTIRELY different. Darn animals!!

I cant wait to get my Momo.
Im going to teach him like a MILLION things.

My Husky Dionysus knows;
Sit
Stay
Lay Down
High Five (With different hands)
Wait
Make your Peeps (Go potty... Lol)
Go Ahead (To get treat after being told to wait)
Easy (To grab the treat nicely)
Kennel Up
Bedtime/Time for Bed
Speak (While said alongside other random words with the same inflection)
Dance
Catch
Come (Only when he wants... -_-)
Go in the bedroom
Stay down (To keep from jumping up on people)
He is completely special-ed when it comes to fetch though..... I dont understand it.

Im hoping to teach him to be a bit more obedient (He can be stubborn), and Im hoping to teach Momo all of the same things! :D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, by saying she is SUPER CUTE!
You are a good mama for working with her, keep it up now and it will
surely pay off later. Call me crazy, but I always thought Gemma was
pronounced with a hard G, like "golf", not soft G like "general". I like
it better the way you say it, instead of the way I thought it was
supposed to be. That way you can call her "Gem" for short, because
after all she is your precious jewel!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is adorable.
Thank you!

oh my goodness! She is so precious! Way to go on having her become a beautiful smart babygirl!
Thank you so much! I'm trying the best I can. I've never trained a puppy before. I definitely got an easy one to work with as my first.

She is such a cutie pie! A good one to teach her next is 'up high', hold your hand up like that but higher so she has to go up on her back legs to reach you. Chloe loves this trick, she gets really excited when she gets asked to do it.
That sounds so cute! I would love to see Gemma stand on her back legs. We will have to try it. ;)

Every single one of my animals does that...
doing something cute? I grab the camera... Turn back around... And they are doing something ENTIRELY different. Darn animals!!

I cant wait to get my Momo.
Im going to teach him like a MILLION things.

My Husky Dionysus knows;
Sit
Stay
Lay Down
High Five (With different hands)
Wait
Make your Peeps (Go potty... Lol)
Go Ahead (To get treat after being told to wait)
Easy (To grab the treat nicely)
Kennel Up
Bedtime/Time for Bed
Speak (While said alongside other random words with the same inflection)
Dance
Catch
Come (Only when he wants... -_-)
Go in the bedroom
Stay down (To keep from jumping up on people)
He is completely special-ed when it comes to fetch though..... I dont understand it.

Im hoping to teach him to be a bit more obedient (He can be stubborn), and Im hoping to teach Momo all of the same things! :D
I know, right? Every time I get the camera, Gemma usually stops doing whatever cute thing she was doing or changes her pose.

Wow, that's quite an impressive list! Your husky is a smart guy!

I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, by saying she is SUPER CUTE!
You are a good mama for working with her, keep it up now and it will
surely pay off later. Call me crazy, but I always thought Gemma was
pronounced with a hard G, like "golf", not soft G like "general". I like
it better the way you say it, instead of the way I thought it was
supposed to be. That way you can call her "Gem" for short, because
after all she is your precious jewel!
Haha, thank you! I think a lot of people think that actually. The meaning of Gemma is "Gem." ;) There's an alternate spelling, "Jemma," but I like Gemma better because she can be called Gem for short. I call her "Gem-Gem" and recently I have started calling her "Monkey," lol.

OMG how cute is she!!!!!!!!!! I tried teaching Nacho this but no luck yet Bella ( my papillion) mastered this in no time at all.....
Some dogs just take longer to learn! Keep working at it and I'm sure he'll get it. :)

Aawwww that is so cute!!! What a smart little girl.
Thank you! :) She is pretty smart!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Aww that is just to darn cute. I'll have to teach Charlie that. Gemma looks so tiny I can't wait to find how much she weighs my Charlie was just a tiny bit under 2 lbs when I had him weighed last Thursday he's probubly 2 lbs now . they really are smart little dogs aren't they When I call Charlie he comes running except when he's out in the yard playing with Penelope. Then the chase is on because he knows its time to go inside and he doesn't want to stop playing.LOL. He knows how to pee. On Command now. He's really good in the car when I say lay down and go to sleep he curls up beside me and lays right down. I can't wait to see all the things hat you teach Gemma as she grôws up. Its so much fun to teach them new things.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL! tillie does that too! XD x
You should post a video of her doing it!! It would be so adorable to watch.

Gemma is sooo cute I just died... in a good way!
There's a good way of dying? Well, okay, as long as it's good! ;) And thank you. :)

Aww that is just to darn cute. I'll have to teach Charlie that. Gemma looks so tiny I can't wait to find how much she weighs my Charlie was just a tiny bit under 2 lbs when I had him weighed last Thursday he's probubly 2 lbs now . they really are smart little dogs aren't they When I call Charlie he comes running except when he's out in the yard playing with Penelope. Then the chase is on because he knows its time to go inside and he doesn't want to stop playing.LOL. He knows how to pee. On Command now. He's really good in the car when I say lay down and go to sleep he curls up beside me and lays right down. I can't wait to see all the things hat you teach Gemma as she grôws up. Its so much fun to teach them new things.
I would looooove to see Charlie do the high five trick. It's the cutest thing to watch. She is pretty small but she has grown so much since we got her. Sometimes I get a little sad because I realize how fast she is growing up! Soon enough she won't even be a puppy anymore. But I look forward to finding out what kind of adult she matures into. I'm really curious to see what she's going to look like too. She doesn't look like her father at all but she looks a lot like her mother, except I think her muzzle will be shorter than her mother's. Her mother's muzzle is a bit longer, probably like Axle's here. So unless Gemma's muzzle can like double in length by the time it's done growing, it probably won't get as long as her mother's. Maybe she inherited some genes from some grandparents to get the shorter muzzle, because it definitely wasn't from her father either. He's not quite as good looking as her mother.

But anyways, we're going to go by that clinic near our apartments today to ask if we can weigh Gemma really quick. Hopefully they have a public scale available for us to use, or are nice enough to take her into a room and weigh her. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts