Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly one year ago today, September 9th 2012, Gorgeous George came to live with us :cool:

I picked him up from Mel, his previous fosterer, who lived on Tyneside in the afternoon after work and drove back up the A1 with him in his carrier on the back seat. It was only 35 miles or so but unfortunately George isn't a good traveller and I had to pull over into parking spaces TWICE to climb into the back seat, let him out of his box and clean up where he'd pooped :rolleyes: Yes, a very memorable *and smelly!* journey :D

Since then he's become a HUGE part of our family....tho' he's still very much a Mummy's Boy and treats Neil with disdain and refuses to eat ANYTHING Neil may give him because, obviously, Neil is out to poison him, isn't he!!! ;)

Unlike our previous foster cats which have all been pensioners come to 'retire' with us, George is relatively young at around 3 or 4 years old. He IS very special though as he has the Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV) and so will not reach old age :( Most cats who are diagnosed with FeLV don't survive past three years so, for now, we are spoiling our gorgeous lad summik rotten and enjoying every day we have with him :D

Happy 1st Gotcha Day George xxxxxxx

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awww he's lovely. I love my Milo so much, he's my first ever dog, but I've always ha cats before him and they hold a special place in my heart! Especially the little rescue cats who are far too often overlooked!

I'm glad you're giving him such a happy home :) he is so precious!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts