Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a new home for our 11-year-old poodle. He would be a great companion dog for maybe a retired person or someone who works at home. He is a very low-key dog. He doesn't run away outside, just stays right by you. He really just wants to hang out in the same room as his owner. We are giving him up because he has become protective of me and growls at my kids when they come over to give me a hug or want to sit in my lap. He is not a mean dog at all and only growls when my kids want him to give up his spot beside me. He never growls at people when we're on a walk, at the park, or moving around, etc. He has never bitten or acted like he is going to. I think he would just be happiest if he could have someone all to himself. We are just asking for a $25 re-homing fee.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???? IS THIS FOR REAL??????

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Can you please pm me the link to this ad. I would very much like to respond to it.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I see them to and I always respond ;-)

Here is my response to this one. and btw I am sending the link to a friend of mine who has a rescue in Atlanta.

Hi I just saw your Craigslist ad and frankly it is very upsetting to me. You have allowed your baby to become this way by not training him properly and allowing this behavior. It is not his fault that he is doing this and with a little effort on your part you could easily train this behavior out of him. Google NILIF (Nothing in life is free) it is a rewards program that will help you easily get him back to a beloved pet.

He is 11 yrs old and all he has known is you guys as his family. Do you know how traumatic it will be for him to be rehomed at this age? You should be ashamed for creating this behavior in your baby and then turning your back on him. Shame on you.

And for what it is worth. $25.00 rehoming fee will more than likely get your dog a free ride to a Pit Bull ring. There are predators lurking on these classified ads that look for the ads where there are free or cheap pets. They will tell you anything to get him from you even use children to cry and say they lost their pets. They are good and you will never know. It is an excruciating death for the animals. If you insist on giving your dog a new home then you need to contact your local "Reputable" rescue and surrender him there. At least they will love him and train him out of this behavior. Not to mention most people will not want an 11 yr old dog so a rescue will have better luck placing him than you will. I am just sick to my stomach over this and I just do not understand people.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Good reply Michelle, I was going to check out CL but I don't think I better now. I wonder if you will get a reply

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Most do reply and of course it is an angry uneducated reply :-( I saw an ad on there the other day about a pet potbellied pig. She said it was a pet she had for years and was getting rid of it, didnt care if someone took it as a pet or ate it. I was mortified and I let her know it, she said that me being mortified wasnt going to get the pig out of there now was it. LOL!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yoshismom, I am morally opposed to eating pigs as is, but a pig that has been a companion for years?. :sad:
I feel bothered when people who lose interest in a pet fish decide to use that fish as a feeder.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
There are truly some heartless people out there :-(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Most do reply and of course it is an angry uneducated reply :-( I saw an ad on there the other day about a pet potbellied pig. She said it was a pet she had for years and was getting rid of it, didnt care if someone took it as a pet or ate it. I was mortified and I let her know it, she said that me being mortified wasnt going to get the pig out of there now was it. LOL!
Far out what sort of person would let their "PET" be taken for slaughter and consumption ?? :foxes15:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts