Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's not many, but I had to share these pics at least of Joey and Merlin. Both are adapting slowly but well; Merlin is still very nervous but he is content to come sit on the couch with us. I just don't think he's used to humans at all. =/ But, he is cute, that's for sure...

. o (Crazy Lady...)

The Belly-Banded Boys

I just love his face... <3

And lastly, I think Merlin is making fun of Joey.. ;)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Joey is sooooo cute! You will find a great home for him, who could resist that face !

·
Registered
363 Posts
They are such sweet looking boys!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm a firm believer in the belly bands! Love that last pic.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!!

Belly bands are just a strip of fabric, usually with velcro at the top to 'secure' it, that you wrap around a dogs belly (and his wee-wee) to keep them from lifting their leg and marking indoors. Basically a potty training aid; like a diaper but for boys. We start out lining ours with a panty-liner or pad too for absorbency; but usually once the dogs 'catch on' what they're for and realize a wet band is not comfy, they keep them dry anyway. Then slowly; as the dog gets used to just peeing outside; you allow more and more free time without wearing one until you've eliminated them completely. They are a must have at my house for fosters who are rarely potty trained lol.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks guys!!

Belly bands are just a strip of fabric, usually with velcro at the top to 'secure' it, that you wrap around a dogs belly (and his wee-wee) to keep them from lifting their leg and marking indoors. Basically a potty training aid; like a diaper but for boys. We start out lining ours with a panty-liner or pad too for absorbency; but usually once the dogs 'catch on' what they're for and realize a wet band is not comfy, they keep them dry anyway. Then slowly; as the dog gets used to just peeing outside; you allow more and more free time without wearing one until you've eliminated them completely. They are a must have at my house for fosters who are rarely potty trained lol.
Omg I never knew u cud do that?? Such a good idea, I was afraid of getting a boy for that reason and didn't realise their was training aids like those! So it obv works then? Will keep it in mind when I'm bullying my hubby for another chi lol!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww Kat, thanks for the giggles, I can always use some. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts