Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm not really qualified to answer this, as I don't have two chis but I did have OmaKitty when I got Cooper.

Luckily for me, I picked up Cooper the day before Christmas at the breeder's house and he lived very close to my parents. I was visiting them for Christmas, so I hopped over there, got Cooper and we took him back to my parents' house. So Cooper and OmaKitty's first meeting was on "neutral" ground, not in OmaKitty's kingdom.

She was more interested in what he was than anything when she first met him. She couldn't figure him out at all and it was hilarious!! She was very angry when she found out he'd be returning home with us and now, 2 1/2 years later, she still isn't as impressed with Cooper as he is with himself. But they do get along, she doesn't try to kill him anymore and he's learned not to get close enough where she can kill him. Otherwise, Oma just ignores him.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I think it just depends on the dog/cat itself. My cat still doesnt like deano - and deano would love to play but oh no my cats not having any of it. Its progressing though a bit better but not much. Hope fully your two will progress much quicker but my kitty is such a stuborn kitty!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
it was ohk from the first day i brought home a girl once jamoka got over try'n to hump her he was cool with her. and her trying to sit,lay,just be in the same room with me . that maybe the only thing the older chi haveing to share you. i would do everything at the saem time for both of them .

if i was petting jamoka i'd pet jemini, if i was giveing jemini a treat he got one at the SAME time . now they like each other as far as i got b/c she's smaller jamoka tires to get to me before she does! which is soo funny b/c half the time SHE wins!! :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts