Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!
After a long wait and a lot of searching, Im finally get my first chihuahua! I have just a few questions:
My puppy is 6 weeks now and the breeder says he weighs a tad over 1 lb, parents weigh 4 and 5 lbs. Is it safe to say he will stay in this weight range when full grown (Ive checked the weight chart and it says 4.5 ish)?
Also, what are good/healthy treats to give chi's for positive reinforcement during potty training?

Thanks guys, cant wait to start posting pics, and probably more questions!

·
Registered
109 Posts
They should stay the size if their parents, but also can get bigger if a grandparent is bigger. Could be smaller a well. Its just a guess anyway. Each pup has its own traits it can decide to pass a well just to try to be different...sillypuppies!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
From what I've read you can't really know for sure how much your puppy will end up weighing as an adult, because there are so many factors in play here. You can only get a rough estimate. You will just have to wait and see!
If you get your chihuahua from a breeder that breeds to standard, you can be a little more certain that your chihuahua is a standard size :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts