Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all of the puppy stuff we ordered came, so my husband convinced me we should start looking today. Sure enough we found our gal! :hello1:

I am just so excited. We get to bring her home tomorrow afternoon after she is fixed (so young to spay, but I understand why the shelter does it).

She weighs a little under 4 lbs and is 12 weeks. The shelter staff estimated she will be an 8-10 lb adult, I think that is a good estimate, maybe a little high.

The little lady still needs a name, but I am sure one will come to us once we get to know her.

I can't wait for her to come home! We also appreciate good thoughts for a successful spay surgery tomorrow.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Congrats on your new girl!

I thought Lion's ear were huge as a puppy, maybe it is just me though.. Here is a photo:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure if all of them grow into their ears but that is definately one of the cutest qualities in a Chi! Good luck with your baby's op and please do post pics after their arrival!!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Very exciting. I bet you did not sleep last night thinking about her. Best wishes and prayers for her during her spay and calming prayers for you!

Woo Hoo a new baby in the house.

BTW we rescued our Maggi, she is a pound puppy. She was about 12 weeks when we got her. She had already been spayed and her incision was completely healed. ( I too though and still think she was awful young) She has done fine though. She is 6 now.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is here!
One thing I didn't expect- some of her teeth are curved backwards a little bit, shaped more like a claw than a tooth. Is that a baby teeth thing? I have never had a dog with it's baby teeth still around.
She is so cute and so tiny! I don't think she would be winning any ribbons at a dog show, but she is just adorable-

Once my husband gets home we should be able to get better pictures, right now she keeps trying to eat the camera!

Edit- sorry for the giant picture, I am working on that now.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been a little MIA lately. The puppy (her name is now Flora) is confined to the living/TV/dining area of the house for now, both for training purposes and so my current dog can get some sleep! So I have not been on the computer much. I did get some good pics, so I will just be editing them and making a picture thread soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts