Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corky has ALWAYS enjoyed his wet food. He gets it in the morning and at bedtime and free feeds on dry food all day. The past few mornings/nights he only eats about half of the wet food I give him. I know he is eating dry food because I can see it.

Do you think he is tired of the wet food since I always give him chicken flavor or the older he gets the more he prefers dry food. If I gave him a new flavor or wet food do you think that would give him diahrrea or should I mix the two?

The main reason I want him to eat some wet food each day is I give him his probiotic in it. With his history of coccidia and giardia, I want to give him that daily to be safe.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
ah I see the wet food issue
here is what I do to get their probiotic in it - personally I dont care for wet food...I take a can of chicken meat and top their dry/semi moist food with it, like a teaspoon and mix the probiotic in there........just a suggestion. Switching within the same brand should be fine. :wave:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
so long as the wet food you give him is the smae brand as the one your feeding now he should be fine. it not flavour that bothers their stomachis its change in recipie. so he shoudl be fine to try a different flavour of the same brand, you might see that he enjoys the change, get a couple of flavours in smaller cans and give him a differnet flavour each day. i mean think of it this way would you want to eat the exct same thing everyday?

he could just be bored with the flavour, he also might be eating a little less as hes getting older. i noticed vixies apitite dropped slightly as she got older and has no steadied to almost exactly the recomended amount.
so try a new flavour, if it doesnt work just give him half the amount he usually has of the wet as he may just not be that hungry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts