Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The breeder considers her red. We asked if she thought she was also considered black sabling (her sister was heavier black sabling, for certain). She said no becasue she thought what she had would fade. We think it is getting more prominent.

We have no problem registering her as red and the form has that code marked on it. It appears we could add markings but I do not want to add if it is incorrect. My husband thinks she is fawn, but she is definitely darker than our boy who was spot on fawn. He was baby deer colored. She is colored like a light irish setter. She is red to me.

She has a black stripe down her back, the tip of her tail is even more so and her face definitely has a black beard. The stripe down her back is not solid, but there are definitely black hairs that make it up. That may be a characteristic of red.

What would you call her coloration? Thank you!!!

And this one of her at 8 weeks old

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
colors on reg forms dont matter too much. they change so much. i would just leave it as red, she will stay red her whole life no matter what her sabling does or does not do:) asia`s mom is registered as chocolate but she is definitely red/fawn now. sorry replying on phone which i stink at using!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you came through loud and clear on that phone! haha! Thanks so much. Great reasoning. That is what I will do!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I (foolishly) got ckc papers when I got my first two chis, I was so excited to see their "pedigree" and what colors their parents were etc. Honey was a fawn and cream color so thats what I marked, now she is definately a red with cream/white. I know it really doesn't matter with ckc garbage, but I'm sure they won't hold it against you on akc either.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Pixie is defo Red LOL and beautiful with it!!

My Jade on her kc papers is cream she is defo not cream she sometimes looks like a light red or gold (gold at the minute)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi buster had alot of black sableing through his red but know at 6 monthe it is getting lighter and the black is thinning out little by little so i just say a red color if asked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts