Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv had arnie for nearly 2 weeks now and we are pretty much full raw with him, im just trying to get my measures right as i havent had such a little dog before!!

iv fed raw for over 4 yrs to my dogs so they have bones from an early age,but with arnie being 4 and never having had bones he likes to bury them in his blanket, but then my other dog finds them and eats them!

his teeth are not so good, but are better than when he came, i would just like him to have a good go at a bone to get them cleaner,

iv offered chick wing, some lamb bones,and also some marrow bones, but can take them or leave them, not really interested,

he loves the ground chick,lamb,beef,hes had kidneys and liver,he likes fish, hes quite a gentle and can be a fussy eater,but is learning that if he walks away murphy will finish it off,:foxes15:

and ideas on how to get him munching on a bone??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just had a thought maybe im over feeding him and hes not really hungry for a bone?

my other dog is 43kgs,and will eat anything, maybe because arnie was on a crap diet before the meat is filling enough for him,

i may skip his brekkie and try a chick wing for dinnertime??..

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'd put the wing or other meaty bone in a towel and then whack it with a hammer until it's very floppy. He will learn to eat and love crunchy chicken. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts