Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you everyone for caring so much for Gidget. :) This coming Tuesday will be 2 weeks since her vet visit, and she has not had any vomiting in over a week!!!! Bowel movements are normal, and she's putting on weight. We are thrilled! She's such a sweet little dingy dog. lol It always breaks your heart when they're sick. This just made her all the more my mom's shadow though. We have had 2 Maltese and 1 Chihuahua, so I'll admit my experience is limited, but from what I know, Chis may be fiercely loyal, but Maltese are extremely stubborn!! LOL

Anyway, she's still on her medication for at least another week and a couple of days, but I sure hope we don't have any relapses. Mom wants to feed her something besides her Primal lamb as she's afraid she's getting tired of that, but she's also afraid to do anything that upsets her stomach. She has scrambled her an egg or two, but that's the only different food she's had. What does anyone think about different Primal flavors? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
So glad to hear good news about Gidget! Let's keep it up! As for trying different flavors of Primal, I don't see any harm in that. Just take baby steps. Maybe even try slowly mixing a bit of the new flavor with her current flavor. Just to be extra cautious.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Woohoo Gidget! ! You go girlfriend! I'm am so HAPPY and relieved for you! Hope she continues enjoying like vomit-free!!

As far as rotating the primal, I would give it a shot but go super slow so she can adjust without any problems!

One of my dearest friends has a tiny little maltese who is so stubborn, it's her way or the highway but I'm ok with that bc she's so beautiful! ! Hahah

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Tina, that is so great to hear that Gidget is doing so well and hasn't had any vomiting :). I would try another flavor of primal too. maybe just a small portion at first. which flavor would you try ? beef, chicken, or duck ?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Tina..I am just seeing this now...so sorry to read about Gidgets ordeal...its good to read she is feeling better...hugs to her and of course one being sent to wee Lulu

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!! We will take the food change slow. She has had duck, chicken, beef, and turkey and sardine before and other than this particular illness and occasional spit up if she goes too long between meals she tolerates all of them well. Elaine, my tendency is to try duck, but I don't know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts