Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ughh. I thought I had Gigi completely broken, but I don't know what happened. She is potty trained to a litterbox and as long as she is enclosed in the bathroom (when I go out) she will only potty in the litterbox. When I take her out the bathroom even just in the bedroom I bring her litter box in the room. She will find a corner to sneak and pee rather than use her box.:foxes15: She is so quick I usually can't catch her.

Last night I decided to start her on real crate training for housebreaking because I just can't take the peeing on the carpet. She is really good in the crate no peeing and not much crying. So I just took her outside. She peed in a couple spots. We come back in and I think since she just went out I can let her play a while before recrating her. Wrong. She plays maybe 2 minutes and then I see her get into squat pee position. I clap loudly she stops and goes and gets in her crate. I don't know how to break this house peeing.

Any advice please!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think a vet visit may be in order. If she just peed, then she shouldn't have to go again so soon. Have you had your carpet deordorized? Make sure she is in the kitchen unless she is tethered to you or in the crate! It will happen. Sue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts