Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a small bag of Orijen for Bailey to try, he is on meat instead of dry food at the moment although he does have some Royal Canin but I wanted to get him on a great quality food and from what I hear on here it sounds good. I have been hand feeding him a few tonight to try and he has great fun tossing it around before eating it. Am going to slowly incorporate it into his diet and then try and switch, he's so fussy so I am not sure how successful I am going to be.

Joy xx :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
orijen is a great food. Zoey is free fed on Orijen and gets Ziwipeak for meals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We recently switched to Orijen from Innova and apparently my Cappy is majorly allergic to it!! He started obsessively chewing his paws until they bled. Bug, on the other hand was ok with it..

The other thing I noticed was that they are not all that excited about eating.. Neither of them gobble their food like they used to

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah Orijen is a good food.
Mine are on Acana, made the same people but just a little lower in protein.
Mine love it, and still manage to hoover it even though the pieces are bigger than other kibble lol.
If your wee one struggles maybe break the bits for him. xx

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good luck!

Got a small bag through the post myself this morning and Pip chewed it open Lol!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must say Bailey doesn't get excited about any food, I would love to see him get excited about it but he doesn't. It is a bit hard, he takes ages eating one piece lol, maybe I will break it up or soak it and see how he goes.

Joy xx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for a great quality kibble, and it seems that the general opinion of Orijen is good. But I'm also considering trying Taste Of The Wild...it is supposed to have good reviews as well. It's hard to know what is the best for our babies...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I was gonnja try orijen until i saw it had a high protein content so I too feed Acana to my two boys and they love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts