Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to the vet at 2 pm...

His ears have been bothering him more and more lately, but last night my husband said a red/brown liquid came out of his right ear. Just to be save we're seeing the doc. his ears are so red and irritated, he is scratching and shaking the crap out of his poor little ears...you can hear something slooshy in their, which is weird, he hasn;t had a bath in 3 weeks....

I'll keep you guys posted....poor baby, between his ear problems and dry skin he should be miserable, but he is a good sport, between playing he stops and shakes or scratches his ears, or nibbles his legs and arms... :roll:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Poor little fella. He probably has a bad yeast infection...the vet will probably give you some ear drops and then ear cleaning solution. Be very careful in the beginning when cleaning because the ears are so sensitive and painful...dont worry about getting them all clean the first day...the meds and the cleaner will break up all the gunk in the ear and it will come up in time....depending on the cleaner you will probably have to fill the whole ear cannal with it and then massage the ear cannal...that will break up all that gunk in there....dogs dont like you filling their ears with the stuff but they love when you massage the ear....you will hear a sloshing sound when you massage, that lets you know you are working the solution around in the ear.

I am just guessing though...thats normally what we tell our clients at work. Let us know what the vet says!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw giz! chiwi says get better soon my friend!!!

they will probably flush his ears out real good after they check them and then start him on drops and a cleanser. poor boy... :cry: feel better baby!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, it's a yeast infection...

They had to muzzle him :( He got so mad when they looked in his ears with that camera thingie...whatever it's called...oh his poor ears were covered in gunk and so red with liquid....

So I gave him the cleaner and drops...for 14 days...I have to see the vet in 10 days. She said the left ear was really bad and it is good my hubby caught it because he must be in alot of pain... :cry:

He's bouncing around like nothing though...LOL...they are so resilient huh?

When I put the cleaner in their oh boy he did NOT like that....but he didn't bite....he was just annoyed...it takes TWO people to do it...

Oh and he weighs 4.8 pounds!!!!!! :D

Thanks guys for your kind words....I get paranoid when it comes to anything being wrong with my little man...

Giz sends his kissies :love5: :wave:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Poor little guy. Dont feel too bad about him having to be muzzled...those poor ears probably hurt a lot and he probably doesnt want anyone going near them.

Hopfully the meds will clear everything up. Is he on drops called Otomax?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
Yup, it's a yeast infection...

They had to muzzle him :( He got so mad when they looked in his ears with that camera thingie...whatever it's called...oh his poor ears were covered in gunk and so red with liquid....

So I gave him the cleaner and drops...for 14 days...I have to see the vet in 10 days. She said the left ear was really bad and it is good my hubby caught it because he must be in alot of pain... :cry:

He's bouncing around like nothing though...LOL...they are so resilient huh?

When I put the cleaner in their oh boy he did NOT like that....but he didn't bite....he was just annoyed...it takes TWO people to do it...

Oh and he weighs 4.8 pounds!!!!!! :D

Thanks guys for your kind words....I get paranoid when it comes to anything being wrong with my little man...

Giz sends his kissies :love5: :wave:
i always had to do my tasha birds ears, the poor thing. because of her allergies i was always having to clean them, next day they wree dirty and nasty again. in the first 3 months that i took her home it was nuts trying to do her ears! but every week it got a little easier and easier. then she built up that trust and i was able to do it on my own. but i'm telling you, i had to muzzle her, take her down to her side, lay on her and do her ears. she was about 50 pounds and if someone tried to help me it made it worse so i had to do it all on my own! i know what you mean about doing their ears being tough! these 5 pound dogs turn into 25 pound dogs and these 50 pounders turn into 90!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts