Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went in today to get Gizzies blood work done..

He is getting two teeth extracted and his neuter this Friday... :cry:

Thank goodness my husband will be dropping/picking him up because I think I would cry dropping him off.. :wink:

I am so nervous and it's only Tuesday :?

Oh and Gizmo weighs 5 1/2 pounds :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I'm sure he'll do just fine but I don't blame you for being a basket case. I've cried every single time I've had to leave Lily at the vet's, even when it was for a non-surgical procedure. I'm always afraid she'll think I've abandoned her. :(

Whenever possible, I leave her blankie with her so she'll have something that smells like me and like home. Maybe you'll want to send a favorite toy or something Gizzie likes to cuddle with.

Hang in there, sweetie, and know you're doing the right thing for him. Extra {{{{hugs}}}} for you and Gizzie. :wave:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know t's hard, I was worried sick when I took Chico in but it really is the best thing for them. I will be thinking about Gizmo and try not to worry too much.

Oh yeah and Chico was right around 5lbs at the time of his surgery.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
wow he grew fast... he was tiny not long ago.... it seems like it was yesterday.... well, mayb the day before....

I hope you don't worry yourself too much....

I will think about you and him on friday

hugz to both of you

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awwwww.....poor little guy. I remember when I took Taco, I actually did cry. I was hoping that they thought I had a cold, but I think they knew. Anyway, he was fine and bouncing off the furniture the very next day. I'm sure Gizmo will do fine, but I understand how you feel. I'll be thinking of you and Gizzie.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know exactly how you feel...Diego is going in at the end of this month and I'm already getting really nervous. I almost want to back out, but I know it's best for him. I'm sure Gizmo will do great on Friday and be back to normal in no time! :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I will keep Gizmo in my thoughts and prayers on Friday...he will just be fine, but I understand how you feel..when Bella was spayed, I sent her little sheep skin bed and a fleece blanket and they had her in it when she awoke from the anesthetic...I think having something from home helps comfort them during the post anethesia period.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
nabi said:
I will keep Gizmo in my thoughts and prayers on Friday...he will just be fine, but I understand how you feel..when Bella was spayed, I sent her little sheep skin bed and a fleece blanket and they had her in it when she awoke from the anesthetic...I think having something from home helps comfort them during the post anethesia period.
That is definitely true. I am a vet tech and all of the dogs at my work who have their own toys and blankies and dolls seem much happier and adjust a lot better than the ones that get our generic supplies. They seem to know that they are ok and that they will be going home shortly! :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, It's so nice to have such a supporting bunch...you of all people totally understand my worries.

That is a good idea of bringing his blankie, I'll remember to do that along with one of my little blankies that smell like me...

I guess because he is my little boy I get overanxious and nervous...

I need to just relax and breathe.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Relax - take a deep breath - Gizmo will be just fine, but I understand how you feel. No matter how many times you tell yourself they will be o.k., you just can't help but worry.

Taking his blanket is a good idea, so he will have something that smells of home and mommy. I'll be sending good thoughts to both of you on Friday. Hugs to Gizmo.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
It is so nerve wracking. I cried when I left Auggie to be neutered and was a nervous wreck until I picked him up that afternoon. I am sure Gizmo will be fine and send positive thoughts to you both Auggie weighed 5.5 lbs too and still does :wink:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was so nervous to take Chihuahua in to be spayed, I made my husband do it. I just couldn't deal with how sad she was going to look. The good news is Chihuahuas are so cute, they instantly becomes the favorites and get all kinds of loving attention. I know my little girl was the most popular dog around when she stayed overnight.

To make myself feel better I called about every two hours to check on my angel.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i wouldn't let chiwi stay overnight and i won't be letting jumba stay overnight either :) i feel they would do much better with me then in a cage, especially when they hate being in a crate and it seems to stress them out. keep us updated ok!? he'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery :wave:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well my husband took him today at 8:00. I was already crying when he left with him..LOL...GEEEEEEEESSHHHH...I just love my little man so much I can't bear the thought of anything bad happening...

sigh'

I'm not working today because I am sick (sinus infection) so I'm sitting here obsessing over my Giz...

Hubby said as soon as he pulled into the parking lot he started whining/crying and shaking...and when he went inside Gizmo freaked out by all the other dogs barking and was growling too...poor baby....

I pick him up at 4:30....that is sooooooooo longggggggggg...

Will keep ya posted :wave:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Nat... :)

I went to the Pet shop today and bought him some canned wellness..(he gets it as a treat) and a large greenie because he thinks he is a big boy..and a cute blue polo shirt..lol

1 more hour to go....

I hate waiting.. :?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts