Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Let Glyn out this morn as usual with the shih`s , 10 mins later Glyn was screaming, rushed out saw blood on his paw and what looked like his nail had dug in to his paw, looked very painfull, laid him in his bed thinking when he`d got over the shock he`d be ok, i then popped outside only to find 2 little iron gates that are very heavy and could not fall on there own , which im waiting to be fitted to wall, where down on the floor, then realising gates might have fallen on his paw i took him to vet which luckly is only 2 min walk away. and vet says he`s broken several bones in his paw, and hes kept him in for xray and to put cast on bless him, i have to phone back at 3 then pick him up at 6, i feel so sorry for him bless him, his little face when i had to leave him there,:(
Ive just looked on our security cameras and i saw what happened the shih had jumped over the gate and kicked back and kicked gate over on to Glyn :foxes15:
Vet said he`l need a cast on for 4 weeks :(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Awwwww Poor baby. He will feel better once he get's the cast on and get some pain meds into him. I would suggest giving him pain meds for the first several days as it will be quite painful. After that, the pain is more tolerable. He will be back to feeling better in no time.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awe thankyou for the info, quite unbelievably i was in the hospital 2 nights ago with my 14 yr old son who climbed over a 5 bar farm gate , that fell with him on it and hes also broke his index finger and his nail is horrid, he also has bandage, cant believe it !!
We are off on hol on the 29th of july, im hoping his cast is off for then, do you think it might be ..
Vet has said 4 weeks hope it is :(

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
That's terrible for both of them. So sorry Glynn was hurt. Sounds like it could have been a far worse accident. Thank heavecns he will be okay! Scary.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am so sorry, it's scary. Good job you were so nearer to your vet and could get Glynn sorted straight away. Poor thing must be hurting so bad but hope he got over by the shock now. Hope he will recover very soon and then you all can enjoy the holiday at the end of July.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Glyn. Poor baby.
I always try to look around and see if there is anything that could fall over on one of mine or anything like that. It's a different way of thinking but def necessary with these little ones. Mine spend the day in the kitchen and I've made sure that anything that was plugged in at their level is unplugged.
I sure hope he recovers PDQ!

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's awful on both counts! June was definitely not your month...hope July is better and both boys are healthy soon!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Awwww poor baby I hope he will recover quickly how is he holding up?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Oh no! not my poor baby give him a hugs and kisses from me and tell Harry says woof woof(I wove u)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, Glyn is managing better than i thought on 3 legs, hes still managing to follow the sun spots in the house, have to take him back to vets on mon for check up and more painkillers if needed, heres a pic of him on his way home yesterday, only short distance away but didnt want to carry him and cause any discomfort to him.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
aww bless his little heart.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Awww Poor little tyke. He even has it elevated. lol I'm gald to hear he can get around some, got to lay in that sun. Hope he feels much better soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts