Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone fed goat meat? My hubby just told our butcher to buy a goat next month at market. The plan is to butcher it out & grind like hamburger...bone included. I saw on a website that sold raw meats that this was one of their products, ground goat with bone.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I know a lot of people who feed goat, myself included. I just actually ordered a whole goat (to be slaughtered Tuesday). I am getting and plan to feed most of it, tripe, organs and head included!

I have one bigger non chi though, so I am not grinding any of it, as he can handle a lot of goat bones and the puppy will still be on poultry when I get it (looking like puppy and goat meat are coming home the same day).

I have to admit I am cutting some of it up for myself too. Goat stew is very good!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ooh I wish I could get my hands on goat for our pack! I think that's one of the few sources they haven't had yet. The grind would make it easier to divy up meals too, since the bone and meat would already be balanced as one. All you'd need to do to balance the diet would be add liver and kidney once or twice a week and you'd be good to go.
The only thing would be that depending how fine the grind is the teeth might not get much of a workout. But assuming you feed actual bones at some point in the diet it wouldn't be anything to worry about.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Seriously jealous here! Goat would be fabulous! I have heard it is a favorite for many dogs. Wish I could get some for Brody. The grind sounds fine! I'd just keep the bone at about 10% and have it be mostly meat with a little bone. If you could throw some organs in there, that would be awesome as well. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok this is good news I just picked up a tiny bit (enough for 2 meals ) of cubed goat meat for our Tank. He is sooo picky I am hoping this is something he will eat. Seams like he will eat chicken and ground beef (not steak) and sometimes a bit of pork. We got it at a east indian butcher shop... oh and it has some bone in it altho I have no clue what the bone is from (leg etc) but we will see how he does in the morning.;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered some dehydrated goat pieces from HareToday as snacks for my two. The pieces were long and crunchy and contained bone and organ meat as well. Pee Wee and Penelope loved them! I plan on ordering more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts