Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems It's never-ending with my health problems!:foxes15: Now my left eye is going bad. I've had 7 eye operations over the past few years, so I know what to notice if and when I have a detachment. And now my left eye is doing it.:( I'm trying to hold off calling the eye surgeon I go to until Monday morning. I know it's detaching, and I know I'm going to have to have surgery.....sooooo......say some prayers for me, everyone!:sad5: This is a very painful surgical procedure. Of course, I'm put out during the surgery....but afterwards the pain is nearly unbearable!:pale: They gave me pain meds afterwards for home the last time, but they don't do much. I'm dreading it!:nscared:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
aww i am so sorry to hear this hopefully you will make a speedy recovery and ask that doc to gave you stonger meds to help with the pain you are in oue prayers

·
Banned
705 Posts
Oh, that's so sad to hear. Be a pain in the neck and keep on about pain medication, so you get plenty of it! That's what I've done when I've been in labour with my kids; moan and complain, so they're happy to give me an epidural, to shut me up. Lol My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us posted on how things are going. Fran:)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A quick message here. I have an appointment at 12:45 to see the eye surgeon. If it's deteriorating quickly, I'll probably be going in for emergency surgery. So if you all don't see me on here for a week or at least several days, then that's why. I most likely will have surgery. Thanks for the prayers and nice comments! It means alot! I'll be back on here soon!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to see the doctor awhile ago, and I will be in surgery on Monday morning at 8 a.m. I do have a retinal detachment, and will be having major surgery done on my eye.:nscared: I don't want to do this, but I'm ready to get it over with!:foxes15: So I'll have tonight and tomorrow to pig out eating and relax.:D All next week from Monday on will be agonizing!:pale:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear about your eye. I know that the op is painful as my mum had to deal with the same problem several times in the past. It's fine to be in pain for a little while, when there's a chance to save your vision. My mum wasn't very lucky.
By the way, the reason your doc doesn't want to give pain killers (or at least doesn't want to give you strong pain killers) is that after the surgery (the first week or so) an 'over dose' can cause detachment again. Listen to your doc and try to be as relaxed as you can after the surgery.
Good luck and be positive!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts