Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to say it's shih tzu puppies and not chi's though.
I found another breeder, the puppies aren't old enough to come home yet but we're going look and pick which one we want and take pictures. My friend and I are both going to be getting one. I am in a debate though. I said I wanted my next one to be a solid color and the only solid colors she has are both males. I have always had bad experiences w/ male dogs for one reason or another so I definately feel I should stick w/ a female. The females are both black and white as of now. The breeder feels that maybe the black will lighten to silvery grey but the mom is solid black so she can't say for sure how the color will change. I know Kismet will love either male or female b/c she loves any dog she comes into contact w/. Today she made friends w/ a German Shepard and she tried to be friends w/ 2 dachsunds but they weren't having any part of her. :lol:
I am so excited but nervous at the same time. I'm trying to make sure I am ready to get back to training a puppy. Kismet trained so easily that I am hoping it will go as well w/ a new pup.
Will let you all know tomorrow what I decide :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
How exciting Kelly! You have to let us know how it goes. Aren't they just all so dang cute as pups? If I were you I'd stick to females too. As for the training, the puppy will have Kismet as an example so she'll probably learn quickly also! :wink:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tinker said:
Kelly, with Shih Tzu's I've found the boys are even sweeter than the girls so don't let the past influence your choice. Can't wait for pictures and to hear what color you choose.
I agree. I have a black male Shih Tzu who is the best dog ever! He is so darn sweet and loving. He loves everyone he meets... I too want another Shih Tzu and another Chi. LOL!

BTW....Boo (The Shih Tzu) says Kismet is very pretty. He wanted to post a picture of himself. LOL

Leslie

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tinker said:
Kelly, with Shih Tzu's I've found the boys are even sweeter than the girls so don't let the past influence your choice. Can't wait for pictures and to hear what color you choose.

When I had Mikey, my male chi, he would always pee on his front legs (and then he would clean himself like a cat :pukeright: ). My thoughts were, if a male shih tzu does that and this breed has more hair..I just see that as a smelly problem.

I will definately take pictures, they are only 2 weeks old.
I really want the solid brown or black. I just need to think if I really want a male. :?
I will try and post pictures later on tonight. :wink:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg! Luvmydogs! I love your Boo! That's it, you may have just made up my mind by showing me a black male. :lol:

Thank you guys for replying b/c I need to make my decision by 5 o clock.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tinker said:
They don't pee on themselves at all. They are very neat, I think they are aware of all that hair, LOL. I did keep the long hair on the end of the wee-er trimmed off of all the boys.
That's a good idea to keep the hair trimmed.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvmydogs said:
Tinker said:
I agree. I have a black male Shih Tzu who is the best dog ever! He is so darn sweet and loving. He loves everyone he meets... I too want another Shih Tzu and another Chi. LOL!

BTW....Boo (The Shih Tzu) says Kismet is very pretty. He wanted to post a picture of himself. LOL

Leslie

He looks like such a sweetheart! I love his name too. We have a black cat and we named her Eerie. I think whatever I get male or female we're naming her Kindred..it kinda goes w/ Kismet. My husband is a tattoo artist so he wants to name the male(if black) Sumi(?)(think I spelled it right) b/c his favorite black tattoo ink is named that..so we were thinking as the registered name be "Sumi's Kindred Spirit"

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kelly said:
Tinker said:
They don't pee on themselves at all. They are very neat, I think they are aware of all that hair, LOL. I did keep the long hair on the end of the wee-er trimmed off of all the boys.
I second that. I have never had a problem with Boo peeing on himself. He is very prissy and likes to stay clean for the ladies. LOL! He does get groomed regularly though and it helps.

Leslie

·
Registered
568 Posts
He looks like such a sweetheart! I love his name too. We have a black cat and we named her Eerie. I think whatever I get male or female we're naming her Kindred..it kinda goes w/ Kismet. My husband is a tattoo artist so he wants to name the male(if black) Sumi(?)(think I spelled it right) b/c his favorite black tattoo ink is named that..so we were thinking as the registered name be "Sumi's Kindred Spirit"

Thanks Kelly. Boo is really sweet. He is the sweetest dog I have ever owned. I like Kindred and it does go with Kismet. Than again Sumi will work too. Let us know what you decide. I can't wait to see your new baby.
I picked the name Bella for my Chi because is sounded good with Boo. LOL!

Leslie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts