Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mother is going to Florida on Saturday. Not a trip that I planned, my brothers doing. They will be away on my birthday.:foxes15:
That is the least of my problems.
I have to babysit her two chis.
They have never left her side, since the day they were born, they were born in her house.
Their mother passed away four years ago.
So now I have Coco Channel who is three pounds and 14 years old.
Tiny who is 8 pounds and 7 years old.
They have never left their house, are totally attached to my mother. Especially Coco, she is glue on my mother.
Tiny just freezes on all fours and doesn't move.
I have no idea how I am going to manage all this.
And add Timmy to the mix. Timmy loves Coco, she is spayed, but for some reason he does not know that.
So I will keep Coco and Tiny in my bedroom and Timmy in the livingroom, that's where he is used to sleeping in his bed.
Please wish me luck. I am so worried that Coco in her old age will not make it through this huge transition.

Any suggestions how to make this easier for them would be very appreciated.

Regina

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
all i can say is good luck! maybe when/if you have to go out set up a webcam or something similar? a lot of people do on here! and sorry thats my only suggestions! x

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You can record your mother's voice talking to her chi babies & when/if they start acting stressed, you could play the audio to calm them down. In the meantime, you could play some soft soothing music on low volume to keep them calm. You need to not act all stressed & worried about the situation in front of the chis because they can sense this & will act stressed too if they know you are. Be happy, enjoy the time with them, get on the floor & play with them. You can do it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately can not do the web cam. But we did record my mothers voice. Have not used it yet. I have two threads now, so will be posting under my houseguests.
Thank you again,
Regina, Timmy, Coco and Tiny

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Can you set up a small xpen for your mom's chis? Give them potty pads, water, beds, toys, chews, whatever...but keep them restrained? I have always found that is the safest way to care for other people's dogs when they are at my house.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them in my bedroom with everything they need. Baskets...even created a new one for Coco tonight...had a basket with vacation albums...not anymore now that is her new basket. They are so small, but they are really needy. Thankfully Timmy is acting like there is nothing new. Wish me luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts