Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My husband and I just booked a trip to Dublin from May 22 until May 29th... we'll be staying a total of 6 nights. I'm sooo excited!

My poor sister in law will be watching my three chis... she's excited about it... I already feel sorry for her, lol. She has a chihuahua mix and a pembroke welsh corgi.

Anyone ever been? Any "must see" recommendations?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Never been. I've only been to Italy. But I LOVED everything about it and would love to go overseas again. I'm so jealous! I will live vicariously through you so you must take pictures and keep a diary and tell us everything when you get back. :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I have ALWAYS wanted to go!!! But I cant imagine being on a plane so long esp. being afraid of flying, LOL!

I have Irish heritage, my maiden name is Flynn from the O'Flynn Clan and I thought it would be cool to go some day. Please get tons of pictures as it is soooo beautiful there:)

3,132 Posts
OMG I am soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!! That is the number 1 place I want to visit!!! I want to see the castles and all sorts of stuff, I am so jealous! Have fun and PLEASE take lots of pics!!!! :D

I am Irish too, mainly German, Italian and Cherokee though. lol

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm SO excited! We have a Nikon D80 so we'll take a TON of pictures, lol.

We were actually thinking about going to Costa Rica (due to Zoe's mom's thread!) but then decided on Europe. We'll either do Costa Rica or another European country this December, probably.

My husband is Irish and Scottish, as well as a few other things (mainly Irish and Scottish, though). I'm not Irish, but it'll be fun to go anyhow!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
My hubby is Irish born so i have been to Eire a few times.

Yoshis mom,all the O's are related ( we are O's too).The names now without the O's are from when they split from the O's clans by taking the O's off their names,they denounced their O's to save themselves.( does that make sense?)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just got back from a recent trip to Northern Ireland with Denise, Ulster Champ Show...my first time to Ireland and OMG I would go back tomorrow...there wasn't enough time to see a lot as we only stayed the night before the show but we did get a tour of West and East Belfast.....very, very interesting!!! Planning on going back in September for the other champ show. Ireland is beautiful and we really enjoyed ourselves, weather was beautiful, accomodation and people were first class!!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
My hubby is Irish born so i have been to Eire a few times.

Yoshis mom,all the O's are related ( we are O's too).The names now without the O's are from when they split from the O's clans by taking the O's off their names,they denounced their O's to save themselves.( does that make sense?)
Yes, kinda. So do you still have a O or are we related;-) LOL!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Oh you are so lucky! I am totally jealous right now. My cousin lived in Dublin for 3 years and I always wanted to go and visit him but we could just never coordinate our schedules. My number 1 dream trip would be to tour the British Isles for 3 weeks.

My sister in law went last summer and she said that the Guiness factory is a must. She got all kinds of souvenirs from there. If you are into this kind of thing the Waterford Crystal factory is supposed to be pretty cool as well.

Oh you are so lucky (did I say that already?!). You must take tons of pics and share.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Lyanne is right, it was lovely over there - loads of history for us to look at but we were in Belfast. Dublin is the South thought. Saoirse might be able to help you out.

I am sure you will have a great time - I have always thougth about doing the Irish Circuit over there. Guinness isn't nice! LOL I have a pub and HATE the stuff.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lyanne is right, it was lovely over there - loads of history for us to look at but we were in Belfast. Dublin is the South thought. Saoirse might be able to help you out.

I am sure you will have a great time - I have always thougth about doing the Irish Circuit over there. Guinness isn't nice! LOL I have a pub and HATE the stuff.
I completely agree about Guinness... too bitter for my tastes. I guess I'll probably have to get a pint at some point though ;)

Saoirse is in Belfast, right? We were considering going up to Belfast for a day trip, but I'm really not sure. I know we're going to Wicklow for a day.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh you are so lucky! I am totally jealous right now. My cousin lived in Dublin for 3 years and I always wanted to go and visit him but we could just never coordinate our schedules. My number 1 dream trip would be to tour the British Isles for 3 weeks.

My sister in law went last summer and she said that the Guiness factory is a must. She got all kinds of souvenirs from there. If you are into this kind of thing the Waterford Crystal factory is supposed to be pretty cool as well.

Oh you are so lucky (did I say that already?!). You must take tons of pics and share.
I hope that you'll be able to make it out there some day!

We're probably going to go to either London or Amsterdam this December as well. I really want to go to Rome, but the travel time is too long in my opinion for a week long trip.

My bestfriend in high school brought me back a perfume bottle from the Waterford Crystal factory... it was really pretty.

And I'll definitely take a TON of pictures. Ian is into photography so we always have an over abundance of pictures.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
We spent a week in Ireland and just loved it. Our first stop was at the Cliffs of Moher. One the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. We went to so many castles, Donegal, Park's, and some I can't remember. We went to the Tobernalt Holy Well. It is know to have healing powers and was very moving. The Slieve League Cliffs ( the highest cliff face in Europe) were also beautiful. Glencar Waterfll and Rosse's Point are great to visit. And you must go to a Gaelic bar and have a Guinness or 2. It was a wonderful trip. I brought raincoats and never had to use them. You will have a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
ooooooo! I am jealous too! i would like to go! my dream trip would be scotland though, i am mostly scottish and native amer with a little german and a tiny bit english for flavor (lol) i did live in the philippines though, for 2 years. my dad was in the air force. my hubby's dad was in too, so hubby has lived in greece, italy, england and germany. the lucky thing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts