Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i noticed something odd about Miss Bella. She woke up from a long nap and i took her straight to her pee pee pad so she could relieve herself. After doing so we both went into the living room to play. Her urine looked very normal, and she has been drinking water as usual. As soon as she walked onto the carpet she ran across the room and squated. Now sometimes she squates and nothing happens but this time 2 small drops of urine came out. They looked normal, very slight yellow in color but I also noticed that before she squated a couple drops of a very gold colored urine came out (i didnt actually see it happen but it was right next to where she went). Has anyone every experienced this before?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, she is currently on Amoxil (antibiotics), could that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
it certainly could be the meds, did it look golden the pp pad? When Bindi first wakes up or hasnt gone in awhile the pee is real concentrated and golden.....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
could be the antibiotics, some cause discoloration of the urine and or feces. since she is on antibiotics there is no need to worry about aurinary tract infection. is she drinking enough water? if they aren't drinking enough then the urine can be super concentrated, it can be like that for the morning pee or after a long nap like vic said.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
when my chi's pee after a nights sleep their pee is golden too !! during the day it's almost transparant.( this is the same with humans :wink: )
it could be the antibiotics but it sounds normal to me

kisses nat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts