Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You shouldnt feel bad for considering to buy Dixie a crate because if she is tries to eat or break everything she finds she migth come across something that is toxic. In my opinion you are doing the right thing, when she learns that she cant eat everything then you can take her out.. Maybe you should try having her out for a few hours once you get/if you get the crate and when she does do something bad to tell her No, bad dog, or whatever you decide to tell her and she might learn that way. Peanut has Luxating Patella and he cant run around or jump on the couch and at first I had him in a crate but after doing some thinking I bought him a "baby play pen" not the ones that have the mesh covering but ones that are supposed to be for children to play in outside (there is nothing there that he could eat) and it is so much bigger and he has his bed, food, water, toys and a lot of room to play in. Maybe you should consider buying that as an alternative to a crate. I hope this helps.

Yael

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.