Chihuahua People Forum banner

GOOD NEWS! for the Holidays :D

636 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Bella&Max's_Mom 
#1 ·
Just thought i would let you all know that my lil man, Gizzy is getting better!!!

His ALT Blood work was at a 376 (needed to be 0-80) Is now at a 95. Everything else that goes along with it is all at the same as before. His stomach doesn't feel as tense anymore, and his eyes are glimmering again :)

As for his diet food, He eats just enough kibbles to survive off of, He seems so hungry when i have my people food. He lost 1 pound resulting in weighing on 4 pounds now :( So they have me trying another diet food called Hills L/D. I guess it has a better taste. I really don't think he will eat much of that either.

Anyway so GREAT news that he has gotten better. And hes playful and waggin his tail. So the theory is, is that he must have gotten into something that had irritated it. She mentioned plants, those mushrooms that grow outside, flowers, bubble gum possible. Don't really know.

ALL THAT MATTERS is he is getting healthier and Christmas is only 11 days away, :)
(takin today )

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm so happy those liver enzymes are coming down!! Great!! Too bad he doesn't enjoy his food, but that is a small price to pay for his health. I'm just thrilled to hear this great news! He looks so cute in the pic. :)

As for the cause, we will probably never know. But is there any way he could have gotten into antifreeze? For our little guys, even one lick could cause a problem. It acts as a slow poison. Affects the kidneys but can also affect the liver.

#3 ·
So glad to hear his levels are coming down..... just a warning l/d is not very tasty unless they've changed it in the last few years, we finally resorted to having people make their own Liver diets as we couldn't get cats or dogs to eat l/d.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.