Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from taking the little guy to the vet. Good news, he has no fracture, no dislocation, no knee problems. She said it could be an old injury or possibly nerve damage, but she did find a bite I missed so he could have been in a fight and it's just tramatized. She gave me some pain medicine and said to keep him contained for 10 days. Dang, and I just got rid of my last playpen. She says he looks like a chi/pom mix and is about a year old. She did some blood work and says he is healthy. Gave him some flea medicine. Unfortunately, he has no microchip. Still haven't heard anything back from my found ads.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today went to the pound and SPCA and looked through their lost dog book and left a found dog sheet. Driving home from the vet's this morning, I saw three loose chis in separate locations. How can people leave these little dogs loose? I was told at the vets that in the eastern part of this city, there is several large chi packs that roam the streets. I never knew this as, like I said, I was unfamiliar with the breed. Now I am seeing them everywhere.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Today went to the pound and SPCA and looked through their lost dog book and left a found dog sheet. Driving home from the vet's this morning, I saw three loose chis in separate locations. How can people leave these little dogs loose? I was told at the vets that in the eastern part of this city, there is several large chi packs that roam the streets. I never knew this as, like I said, I was unfamiliar with the breed. Now I am seeing them everywhere.
wow that's crazy!!! that would be quite an odd sight where I live.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am glad your little lost chi is OK. Where are you from? I am glad you are able to take good care of the little guy. That is so sad about the chis running the streets. I would love to come and gather them up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Svdreamer, when you said you saw a few chi packs in your city, I immediately thought that you must live in Cali. We have a Chi explosion here. We have more chis here than anywhere else. It is so sad since they are such wonderful little creatures.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think some of our friends here are thinking of a little trip to visit these packs of wild running chi-s !!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
how sad that these poor little chi's running around in packs, glad to here the little one u found is ok, hope you find their family soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have to admit... I envisioned a road trip...
It breaks my heart that those delicate little ones are running loose. They are so defenseless at the mercy of autos and cats. I’ll just have to give extra hugs to my girls

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
God that's unbelievable!!! I don't see anything like that here. I'd want to grab them all up and take them home

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know how to say this right and please, please don't take it wrong. The chis you own are beautiful, well socialized, magnificent animals. I am in awe at just how beautiful your dogs are. The animals here are all BYB out to supplement their income and are coarse and non socialized snappy dogs that are nowhere bred to type. I DO NOT at all think they are unsalvageable or that they should not be rescued. I would love to run out and grab them all and get them fixed and in great homes. But if you look at your little darlings and think that that is what is running around the streets, you are wrong. I have been chased across the street by two chis before, these are tough, hardened, smart little dogs. I have never seen a chi that has been hit by a car. If I came across a pack of street chis, I think I would run the other way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts