Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally recived my bag of zp. And boy does the girls love it!!!!!
im so pleased as this is the first food i have found that they clear it all in minuites.
thing is i worked it out and the bag will last 11 days and its £30 a bag :foxes15:
does anyone know where i can get this from in the uk so i havent got to pay for shipping. as i will have to get some soon because the bag i have wont last long.
so pleased they like it :D
thank you everyone who tryed to point me in the right direction with there food.
i have tryed rc, natural diet, raw and finally zp and they love it im so shocked lol they are so fussy

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
would have thought it should last you a bit longer - when i just had B on it the smaller bag was lasting him about 5 weeks - if you look on Amazon.co.uk there are some with free delivery

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am actually debating ZP too
I have a concern though, because every one's chis love them so much, is there a chance of mine becoming obese eating lots of it?
Because I free feed, If I leave the ZP in their bowl and they gulf all of it down surely hey will become fat

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That is GREAT news! I am certain there are those who do not, but I have not yet met a dog who did not love it when I've offered. My girls eat it up!

One was a picky eater (I was told) when she came to us at 8 months. That is why the breeder still had her. She could not break 2.5 pounds, had hypoglycemic crashes and would not eat. When I picked her up I took a ziploc bag of ZP to entice her and make her like me on the drive home haha! The breeder told me that she would never eat out of hand and explained her "food issues".

She was eating it before I had driven 2 blocks down the road. She is now my food alarm clock and the one who is the most vocal about wanting to eat. She is healthy and I love knowing what I am feeding her is why and that she loves it so.

I have another who had such chronic colitis that I thought I would go mad and worry myself to bits. ZP was her answer as well so I am obviously a huge fan.

I would not free feed ZP. You do not need to. It is a very calorie dense food. Mine eat it in a matter of 2 minutes (if that long) and they receive exactly the calories that they need for their weight and activity level. It is so simple to feed. I use the feeding calculator to get their calorie needs and then divide that number into the calories/scoop and I know exactly what to give them. Makes feeding easy.

I am feeding a combined weight of 11.5 pounds (5.2kg). A 2.2 lb. bag lasts me about a week so I use 3 a month. Or I can save and get an 11 pound bag and that would last me a bit less than 2 months.

I have saved more than I have spent compared to the vet bills that I incurred with mine who could not tolerate other foods.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is GREAT news! I am certain there are those who do not, but I have not yet met a dog who did not love it when I've offered. My girls eat it up!

One was a picky eater (I was told) when she came to us at 8 months. That is why the breeder still had her. She could not break 2.5 pounds, had hypoglycemic crashes and would not eat. When I picked her up I took a ziploc bag of ZP to entice her and make her like me on the drive home haha! The breeder told me that she would never eat out of hand and explained her "food issues".

She was eating it before I had driven 2 blocks down the road. She is now my food alarm clock and the one who is the most vocal about wanting to eat. She is healthy and I love knowing what I am feeding her is why and that she loves it so.

I have another who had such chronic colitis that I thought I would go mad and worry myself to bits. ZP was her answer as well so I am obviously a huge fan.

I would not free feed ZP. You do not need to. It is a very calorie dense food. Mine eat it in a matter of 2 minutes (if that long) and they receive exactly the calories that they need for their weight and activity level. It is so simple to feed. I use the feeding calculator to get their calorie needs and then divide that number into the calories/scoop and I know exactly what to give them. Makes feeding easy.

I am feeding a combined weight of 11.5 pounds (5.2kg). A 2.2 lb. bag lasts me about a week so I use 3 a month. Or I can save and get an 11 pound bag and that would last me a bit less than 2 months.

I have saved more than I have spent compared to the vet bills that I incurred with mine who could not tolerate other foods.
As in the bag it has a scoop I have been giving the girls 1 half a scoop each. 2x a day. Think that's the right amount. Well I hope so lol
If it isn't (in scoops) how many should the girls have a day.
Thank you

·
Banned
420 Posts
Are you feeding each dog a full scoop a day? that may be too much!

Not sure how big your chi's are but one of my 2.5kg Chi eats about 35grms a day of ZP, A 1kg bag lasts him about 28 days ( the lamb 1kg bag cost £15.99 so it works out at 64p a day)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts