Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local pet store, the only one without driving 3hrs to chicago, is GONE!!! I don't know WHY it closed, I don't really care. It's just gone. The building and everything! Woohoo!! Kinda makes me wonder what they did with all their dogs/animals though.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Good. I'm sure the animals are fine but I hate those stores and for some reason my body can't walk by one. It's like I have to torture myself and walk in.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have probably heard on the news if they were raided. If a shelter took them I would assume something would have been said since our shelters around here have been turning away animals they're so full :(. I'm just glad there is 1 less pet store out there. That place was always gross and although the dogs looked clean, they also looked very much like they wanted to get out of the glass cages and play. Before we got Lina I went in there (this was before I knew about pet stores too) and I held a little white male chi. He was soooo cute and tiny. Couldn't have been more than 8wks old. He just fell asleep in my arms..most likely because it was the warmest place he'd ever been. *Ugh* It ticks me off just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
:( That's so sad! I always feel so sorry for the wee puppies sitting in there on those wire bottom racks. No blankets, no cushion, just all alone and shaking. :(

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh this place had the glass cages instead of wire on the bottom. Which was good. But I still hated to see it. That little male chi almost came home with me...had we had the money right then (he was like $600) he would have been MINE. But then I wouldn't have gotten Lina.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts