Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kirby has long term Pancreatitis, he is having a flare up at the moment!
He has been to the vet (3 times this week) he is on antibiotics, steriods & has had more blood tests... Please spare a thought for him as i'm really worried..

This is him yesterday - he looks fine just wish his tummy was & wish he wanted to eat xx

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh bless him he's such a sweetie,i hope he'll be ok.Our cat has IBD and she's on steroids and antibiotics it's not nice when they're not well

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michele, did you have a stomach biopsy done on your cat?

It's breaking my heart him being poorly, I'm in bits :(

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, sorry Kirby isn't feeling up to par. I hope this bout is over soon. Poor little guy... He's so cute btw sitting there all proud. You'd never know he wasn't feeling well looking at him.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Heather, he has finally eaten a little meal Phewwww.....

It's such a worry as every time he has a 'flare up' it damages his pancreas a bit more,so long term is a big program as some time it will give up.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Thanks Michele, did you have a stomach biopsy done on your cat?

It's breaking my heart him being poorly, I'm in bits :(
I can understand how you feel,yes she did, she's had blood tests,her poo was sent to USA for analysis,she's been on steroids all her life she's 8 now,and she was on Metronizadole a few weeks ago,then she's been on human meds.She's ok for a while ,then it flares up so then she's put on another kind of med ,as the vet said they can get used to one kind of med.Don't let the steroids frighten you,as i say she's been on them all her life.If she wasn't insured we would have spent thousands of pounds on her already.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is often on steriods too, he is also on pancreatic enzymes and zantac 3 times a day.

He may also have SIBO - we are waiting on tests results.

We are 'talking' with our vet re a biopsy BUT with pancretitus ANY stress sets off a flare up and putting him out will be a big stress for him which is a danger!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
All my good wishes and healing thoughts for little Kirby. She's adorable. I'm so sorry she's feeling poorly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hope Kirby feels better soon...I had a cat also that had pancreatitis...she would have flare ups every so many months...it was always stressful to deal with when she was sick......
Kirby is a really cutie too ..:)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Sara...I was so sad to read of Kirbys health issues...I didn't realize he had this chronic condition...so hard on such a little man and momma.....
I will keep in him in my prayers....gentle hugs to him from the girls ...Kathleen

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Praying for him and you.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all so very much.. Kirby had a bad day saturday, but was a little better yesterday - this morning he has 'better' poo (but not right)
He is a bit happier in himself .. Back at vets at 3.30 today ..

xx

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like Kirby kid has small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
or a infection in his pancreas :sad7:

He has steriods & more antibiotics, his temp is still high - Back to vets Friday unless I need to take him back sooner..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts