Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering at what age did you start to train your baby to wear a collar? Gizmo flips out everytime I put it on, he is 3 months now, so I'm wondering if it is still too young? I don't want to wait too long and then have it become harder...I'm trying to get him to wear a shirt too, but he just prefers to be naked :toothy7:

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
yes they will fuss but just keep it on, I found the thinner/softer the better to start then you can change later. :wave:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The sooner the better! Just plan on using it for ID only and not to walk. I recommend to buy CHEAP collars at first because if your baby gets to them, it's money down the drain.

A recommendation for a soft/light collar in the future are those "ultrasuede" collars that have light aluminum hardware. They look and feel great.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We immediately put a collar (cat collar) on Zeus when he was 10 weeks old just so he'd be use to having something around his neck. Whenever we go out, he always gets a halter on for two reasons. One, their necks are so fragile, I don't feel comfortable walking him on a collar and second, I can never adjust it right. If I put it comfortable around his neck where I put 2 fingers unders the collar, it's too lose and he can get out of it. If I put it where he can't get it off, it's too tight around his neck. I love watching Zeus get excited when I take the halter out of the basket. He goes spastic until I sit down, then he sits there waiting for me to put the halter on him.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella only wears a harness, never a collar, but I just wanted to comment on how adorable your little fellow is !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts