Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from Jax (the Chi), we've also had Nala (mix between a Yorkie & Pekingnese) as my dad got her as our pet when I was just thirteen years old. She was tiny, just two months old at the time & oh-so-adorable. She instantly became 'one of the family' & was very much loved by everyone who came to meet her. She had a good-natured spirit, was excellent with children, loved cuddles & always knew when you were down in the dumps or ill, as she'd sit by you & give you plenty of kisses.

Today my dad took her to the vet as she needed her vaccinations. He was also taking her to discuss her well-being, as Nala, being 15 & half years old, was suffering from poor eyesight and her back legs were failing her because we'd noticed that they were bent & she kept falling over. The vet gave my dad the unfortunate news that Nala had severe arthritis in her back legs and that was what was causing the disfigurement and that yes, she was in quite a lot of pain. My dad had no other choice but to say goodbye & have her put to sleep and he just called me at work now to give me the sad news. :cry:

It'll be so weird to go home & not see her lying in her bad, or barking in the hallway when she fancies a treat... How do you all cope? I'm at work sobbing & can't imagine how my dad must feel (he's home), as he was the one who took her for long walks, washed her, etc.

Is there a poem or something that I can print out for him, so he can deal with it better?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm so sorry! Just try to keep in mind what a great life you gave Nala and know that she's not in any more pain and looking down on you with loving eyes.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Nala's long life with your family was obviously such a blessing for you..and reflects the love and care she was given.. I know your heart is hurting, I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
"If tears could build a stairway,
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say "Goodbye".
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness,
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you -
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more;

To remember all the happy times
life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten,
I pledge to you today~
A hollowed place within my heart
is where you'll always stay."

Rip Nala, you cant hurt anymore

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
(((Hugs))) So sorry for your loss.

Rainbow Bridge:
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Nala. x

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry for you loss.

But reading thru the lovely poems on here, brought a tear to my eye also as I couldn't imagine losing one of my fur babies!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It'll be so weird to go home & not see her lying in her bad, or barking in the hallway when she fancies a treat... How do you all cope? I'm at work sobbing & can't imagine how my dad must feel (he's home), as he was the one who took her for long walks, washed her, etc.

Yeah, I felt that way when my eskie was PTS.
How did I cope?..probably about the same.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
So sorry.It will get better with time.JUst take your time and cry when you need it and talk to your dad and other people.You will cry for a while when you see a pic or hear her name but with time it does get better.I will be praying for you and your dad.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
im so sorry for you. i lost my baby cody less then 2 weeks ago, he was only 18 weeks. i know the pain you are going through. i dont know when the ache in my heart will go, i am sad every day. i try concentrate on the others. its not their fault. so i have them with me as much as possible
amanda xxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 24 Posts