Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I found Leo's twin today from a rescue called Marilyn's Voice in Mentor, OH. He was one of 240 chi's rescued from a terrible animal hoarding situation. The owner died of a heart attack while wife was in a hospice. Their son found all the chi's I horrid conditions, not fed for a week, ect. Some were worse off than others! I just wanted to share this handsome man of anyone in that area is looking for a chi. He's a sable long coat charting in around 2-3lbs. I wish we could adopt him but we already have 3 chi's!! I hope he finds a good home!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
He's beautiful!
I wonder if they are going to keep them in Ohio or try to work with other states.
He looks like he would be a good dog, just from how he let them take pictures of him!
Are you going to get him?

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish! But I can't, we have 3 chi's now and I had to beg and beg to bring home a third. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was looking!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of long coats but I love this guy!!! If only he were in Sweden, lol. Not sure I could resist passing him up then. He looks a lot like Gemma!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not usually a fan of long coats but I love this guy!!! If only he were in Sweden, lol. Not sure I could resist passing him up then. He looks a lot like Gemma!
I love the way he looks, just perfect! Wish he was in Sweden too so Gemma could have a playmate! I don't think he will last long, hopefully he gets a great family who will spoil him to death!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
How far is Mentor, OH from Chicago? He is adorable and I think I almost have the hubs on board for another since things are going so well with our little guy? We are starting to look and want an older 6 months + boy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am in PA and have read a lot of nice snippets about Marilyn's Voice. I don't know anyone associated with the rescue personally ~ which is probably for the best as I could see us overrun trying to save them all ~ but from everything I have read they really do a wonderful job rescuing and re-homing those in need. He's such a sweet looking little guy~ hopefully he finds a home soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
5 hrs 57 mins / 369.09 miles
Chicago to Mentor, OH
According to mapquest.
from their site:

DALLAS--one of the less severe of the mill dogs. While he is still a bit skittish about being picked up, he loves people and freely wags his tail when he sees his foster mom.

Dallas is crate-trained and doing well on his potty training. His foster mom absolutely believes that Dallas is ready to go to his forever home!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea, I just don't think it would be wise to take a chi who has a troubled past on a 6 hour car ride to his new house:( But he sure is a cutie and if he were closer I would take him in a heart beat.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Absolutely stunning! I'm sure he'll find a home. I went back to look at him again, he's irresistible really. What a sad situation though.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Oh wow, that is Leo's twin lol! His face is priceless, I'm sure he'll have a great home in no time. 240 chihuahuas... that hurts.. =(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts