Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, there was a package that arrived and it was from the Yankee Candle company! I got three adorable candles: Peppermint Swirls, Creamy Caramel, & Maple Pancakes. There was no note at all, and if my mom would've bought it for me she would have already told me.

If this is from Santa, thank you sooo much. a Piece of glass broke off one of the candles while on its way to me but my mom said I could probably use it still. Love love love Yankee Candles!!!! :dance:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Very nice! I love Yankee Candles, they smell sooo good!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I tried to pm you yesterday about the candles but it would never go through... the candles were from Santa..Im really jealous too I love Yankee candles

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Ooh..... Those sound sooo yummy. I'm scarred to death of candles though. Always afraid they will catch my house on fire. Especially with three kids.

Lori

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yankee Candles are wonderful! I always have one lit. Right now I have a Pumpkin Pie votive burning. Yummy!

What a sweet SS you have! I haven't tried those scents yet. They sound yummy! :)

On a side note.
Here's some tips I learned when burning candles. If you use your own jar holder add some drops of water in the jar before placing in your candle. It makes it so easy to clean out! The unused hardened wax just slides right out. Then your ready for your next candle! Make sure to trim the wick before each use, about 1/4". Make sure to burn your larger candles for at least 3 hours for the first use. Then after that you can burn however long you like. This will prevent tunneling (when the candle burns itself out because the melted wax keeps covering the wick). This will ruin your candle.
Votive candles should burn for a minimum of 1 hour on first use, and no more than 3 hours each use.
Keep candle away from drafts. This encourages the wax to melt evenly, and it prevents tunneling. :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks ladies! Santa has made me feel very special!! :love2: I'm burning the Maple Pancakes one right now, OMG, sooo good! smells like maple syrup in my room :dance:

I'm going to leave the Peppermint one as the last one to use because I LOVE Peppermint candles. Last year I was given Cranberry Peppermint and fell in love and ended up buying 2 more to burn in my room.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts