Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know not another question about Chi ears but my husband wants to know.

does it matter if your chihuahua is mixed or not when it comes to the ears popping?

*that is his question*

Our Chi is mixed via father being schnozier/Lab mix and mom being a chi

I forgot to ask the vet that question along with confirming that he will be as big as my cat only.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
By "popping" I assume you mean standing up?

There is really no way to tell if they will stand up or not.
Your chi has gotten genes from what ever it was mixed with. It could have gotten the floppy ear gene and they might not stand up at all, or just halfway. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
....or just one up and the other not.
Labs don't have straight up ears as I remember.

I agree with what Ms_P said. The only thing you can do is wait. :)

I am sure your chi will be gorgeous even if the ears won't stand up completely. I find they look so cute and funny with the ears half way. :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Kiwi is right. Auggie is purebred and registered but his ears are half flopped except for occasions when he puts them up. It's Ok with me though cause i think he is adorable Since I have had him he went through periods of up and down :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad to know Im not the only one with a chi mix on here.
Youll have to wait and see how the ears do.We have had purebred Schnuazers the last 13 yrs and of the 2 litters (6 pups total) all the females ears stood up like a chi. The 2 males thier ears reached over to touch thier eyebrows. We didnt and still dont believe in ear cropping schnauzers ears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts