Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, I'm Ellie and I got my first Chi Tallulah-Belle on Saturday :D I've just found this site it looks like it will be really helpful as I've not owned a chihuahua before and not really got anyone to give me advice or answer any questions :confused: Tallulah is a beautiful little princess and is really well behaved shes just not sleeping through the night yet though - I know it will take time just hope I'm doing the right thing - I've got her in a crate next to my bed with her bed in and some of her teddies? Also she uses her puppy pad to go pee but doesn't seem to like it to poop? I'd be grateful if anyone has got any advice or could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong xx I've attached some pictures of my gorgeous girl ;)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh my gosh, she is gorgeous! Congratulations and welcome to CP!

As for the puppy pad thing, just give it some time. Everything is very new to her right now! When you catch her pooping where she is not supposed to, interrupt her and bring her over to her pad and tell her to potty or poopy on the pad or whatever you say when she's going, and then if she finishes on the pad, reward her with tons of praise and maybe even a tiny piece of a treat. She will get it eventually, you just need to keep an eye on her to correct her when she's making a mistake. She will learn quickly if you can catch her before or during her mistakes. If you try to do anything about it after it has happened, she won't remember what she did and she won't know what you're trying to say to her.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions! We've all been there and done that with the potty training and many of us are even still battling it, so there's plenty of support and advice to be shared here. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.