Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wish me luck guys!

keen for dexter and prowl for hylus bf's kitty :)

came pretty fast and surprisingly the box is bigger than i expected :)
i hope he likes it! :foxes15:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
wooohoo! let us know how it goes...remember few dogs like it RIGHT away, so don't give up too quickly, and make it yummy and exciting by adding cooked ground turkey burger or cooked chicken or scrambled egg or both and the meat are good add-ins for kitty Hylus too...let us know what he thinks!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! will definitely need it...not sure how hes gonna feel about something that was mixed with water lol :p

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wooohoo! let us know how it goes...remember few dogs like it RIGHT away, so don't give up too quickly, and make it yummy and exciting by adding cooked ground turkey burger or cooked chicken or scrambled egg or both and the meat are good add-ins for kitty Hylus too...let us know what he thinks!
i already know hylus isnt gonna be picky about that. LOL. he eats canned food fine. we been giving him merricks but i thought i would give this a go for him as well.

yes omg those mixtures are makin ME want to eat it....LOL :hello1:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Best of luck! You can do it Dex. Eat your yummies for Mama. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Please let us know what Hylus thinks of the Prowl- Ive been wondering about it for my cats to substitute a few meals. One of my two has very sore gums and only eats moistened dry food or canned, and the other gets UTIs and needs to get extra moisture in his food to help prevent them. Im hoping Hylus loves it which will embolden me to try it for my guys.
Is Keen the one everyone is recommending as the most popular with their chis? Reese has a chicken allergy so I need to avoid that.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I hope Dexter eats it. That would be an ideal food for him because you already give him cooked meats and eggs. Just add THK and your all set! A complete and balanced yummy meal for your boy! :)
Go Dexter! :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My Midgie loves the Preference HK & I she would eat it without meat. I add can Pink Salmon or cooked Chicken alternating between each batch & I have found that this stuff is packed with fiber & is doing Midgie GREAT!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Please let us know what Hylus thinks of the Prowl- Ive been wondering about it for my cats to substitute a few meals. One of my two has very sore gums and only eats moistened dry food or canned, and the other gets UTIs and needs to get extra moisture in his food to help prevent them. Im hoping Hylus loves it which will embolden me to try it for my guys.
Is Keen the one everyone is recommending as the most popular with their chis? Reese has a chicken allergy so I need to avoid that.
I have my Chi on the Preference because she has so many food allergies & I can add the meat I want. Now that I know that Turkey is supposedly the only meat she's allergic to I might look into getting The Honest Kitchen with the meat already in it so it would make it a little more convenient for me. I love this food because of the moisture factor & it's packed full of vitamins & nutrients plus it's actual healthy people food.
Keen | Human Grade Dog Food | Low Gluten Dog Food | The Honest Kitchen

Keen sounds like it would work for your Chi cause it has turkey, not Chicken, but read the ingredients before ordering to make sure there's nothing in there your Chi is allergic to.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I am so proud of you Pidge for trying this food! I hope that they both love it, but especially Dexter! Goooooooooooooooooo Dexter!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I would go with either Keen or Embark. (Embark is grain free, Keen is not, Keen is also cheaper in price) Keen and Embark are both turkey based. I posted this pic in The Honest Kitchen thread, it give a breakdown of all the foods. :) Mine love the Embark best now, but they also love the Force and Keen too. (But Force is chicken based)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Have you tried it yet, Pidge? Curious how it went over. Neither Pip and Roo liked it at all at first, they wouldn't even touch it, but now they love it, so it may take some time. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts