Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woohoooo!!! :blob: it took me a while to figure out which playpen to go for. there were so many choices and i finally decided. i ordered it last week and it came today! :D im almost done getting prepared for the new pup. still got about 5 more months till she comes home and 2 or 3 months till i pick her out from the litter~ :daisy:

i even ordered the extra extension that comes with 2 more panels :)
anyone have any comments on what i should use as flooring? someone told me to use laminated flooring so the pee doesnt stink up the real wood flooring thats in the room :albino:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wow! You are super prepared :D
Where the parents just bred? Being prepared early is the best way to do it. You get so excited that you gotta do something witb yourself so you dont go crazy ;)
Thats a really nice pen! Where did you order from?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
I'm so excited for you !!! , did the mommy chi come into heat yet?
that pen looks really nice. how big is it? i would line it with pooch pads. they are made so well, the urine does not go thru. they are expensive, but worth it. there are other brands of washable pee pads that are cheaper though. i'm sure some are as good. i really like the pooch pads alot though

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! You are super prepared :D
Where the parents just bred? Being prepared early is the best way to do it. You get so excited that you gotta do something witb yourself so you dont go crazy ;)
Thats a really nice pen! Where did you order from?
hmm dont know yet. i'll have to ask the breeder soon. hehehe :D lmao yes i am goin crazy. i evern tried measuring the lviginroom to see where i can actually put it LOL~ ::shakes head:: it gave me a headache so i'll leave it for another day. i got it from amazon. its on sale too!

I'm so excited for you !!! , did the mommy chi come into heat yet?
that pen looks really nice. how big is it? i would line it with pooch pads. they are made so well, the urine does not go thru. they are expensive, but worth it. there are other brands of washable pee pads that are cheaper though. i'm sure some are as good. i really like the pooch pads alot though
have to ask when theyre gonna be woohooing :lol: thankie! well this one is 36 x 36 x 24 plus i got the 2 extra ones just incase i need more room :) hummm i think i should find the large washable blanket type ones? :) that sounds more financial lol :D plus wee pads for just peein in that one spot.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
That is the one I used for Zoey as a pup. loved it. I had her bed in one corner and lined the floor with pee pads. Had her food/water in there as well.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL when I started reading this thread I thought you had decided to name your new puppy Iris!
:lol: :lol: it is a lovely name! hehe

That is the one I used for Zoey as a pup. loved it. I had her bed in one corner and lined the floor with pee pads. Had her food/water in there as well.
ohhh~ was it with or without the extensions? :D i still havent decided if i wanna give her more room or not. haven't set up the the pen yet. i only opened it to see if everything was in there. omg i saw the screws and hinges...boy is that gonna be fun to install LOL

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I agree with lining the pen area. I use thick drop-cloth-type painter's plastic (just toss it when done). My pack eats pee pads (ugh), so then i just use newspapers because they won't eat those, although Finn does play in them like leaves . . . ugh.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll have to google around and see what in the world yiu guys are talking about :lol:

lmao finn! i had that issue with dexter before too. he used to chew on the peepads and even playin on it or hide his treats on it...but he does do quite well with newspapers..even if he rips it apart when hes reall bored or wants my attention!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'll have to google around and see what in the world yiu guys are talking about :lol:

lmao finn! i had that issue with dexter before too. he used to chew on the peepads and even playin on it or hide his treats on it...but he does do quite well with newspapers..even if he rips it apart when hes reall bored or wants my attention!
They are characters!!!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I didn't have the extensions but I think they would be nice if your gone for any length of time. I wouldn't use rugs. They would associate rugs with potty time. I put away all my throw rugs for a year with Zoey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.