Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luna and Zeus love it! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a bag.

They sent me the venison trial pack. Are the other flavors better or the same in benefits for them?

:)

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Based on someone's comment on this board, I requested a sample as well. It is in the mail! Glad yours took too it easily.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Mine like the Straight Venison (BG hates the Venison and Fish) and the Lamb.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Healthwise-idk if the benefits are the same..I would think so though...

there are 3 flavors...venison, venison & fish, and lamb. Miya likes the venison and the lamb. She'll tolerate the venison & fish but I kinda have to trick her into it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I requested a sample two weeks ago. Did they just send it or did you get a email saying it was on the way?

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Mine love it too :) Just NO FISH says the Diva! I can not even add Salmon oil or any fish oil to any fav treat or food.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just got mine too! All the pupsters love it! I was worried b/c I never got a response from the company, they just sent it. It took about 3 weeks to get to me. My mom sent one in and it only took 2 weeks to get to her :/ Wish I could afford to actually feed this stuff!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got mine too! All the pupsters love it! I was worried b/c I never got a response from the company, they just sent it. It took about 3 weeks to get to me. My mom sent one in and it only took 2 weeks to get to her :/ Wish I could afford to actually feed this stuff!
Same here! I never got a reply either, just one day, POOF a bag of food. LOL. I think I might start buying it, I think its probably worth it for the pups. But you're right, it sure is expensive. :|

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I had a reply to my email just last week that they were going to send it...still waiting!

How big is the smaple bag anyway?
Same here, I got an email saying they would send it. I got the email about 4 business days ago but have not received the sample yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
OMG YAY!! I'm glad they like it - My two ADORE it every meal time when I bring it out its like they had a pre-meal of Red Bull they get so excited!! Zeus barks and tries to climb up on the table!! LOL!!

Re-ordering a batch today as current bag is running low and I know all hell will break loose if it runs out!! LOL!!

Just wish UK pet stores supplied it :/ just subscribed to have it delivered monthly via amazon though :) x

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Did you just email them and asked for a free trial? In the UK are special trial packs you can buy, so won't they just refer you to that rather than sending out free trial packs?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Hey, Heather, to answer your question. I think the lamb formula is richer than the venison or venison and fish. Therefore, it is more calorie-dense (they would gain weight quicker on lamb than venison). It is more expensive, but not as bad as it seems when you look at how small the portion is that you feed. Lulu weighs right at 6 lbs, and I feed her (a heaping) 1/8 cup 2x a day. I also add Nupro powder for vitamins/supplements and warm water which makes a liver-flavored gravy--or so it is advertised, I have not personally tried it. Haha Plus the added water makes Lulu take in water which is good for her and slows down her eating because she tend to scarf down ZP because she loves it. Last but not least, the Nupro covers the flavor of the fish in the venison and fish if she did not like it--which a lot of people say their chis don't, but she gets the benefit of the fish.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I got my sample today. It is an 8oz. package of venison flavor. I gave Lady a small amount (4 or five squares). She gobbled it right down. I calculate she needs only like 1 oz. a day. That really is not a lot which would reduce the expense.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts