Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try ZP for Delilah as I just can't get her to eat and gain weight. I've had her a month now and she's only gained 4 oz. I've tried different kibble, puppy food, wet food, she's just not interested. Well, I gave her the ZP this morning and she gobbled it all up and came back three times to lick the bowl. lol For her size I should feed her 1/2 a scoop, so I will give her a bit more to try to get some weight on her. I want to give raw bones with this, so off to the store I'll go in a few. Are beef or pork neck bones ok for her with most the meat taken off? I thought I'd start Tico on it, too. I just can't afford to put them all on it right now.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
How old is she? What does she weigh?

Mine are OBSESSED with it. They just love it and for mine with chronic colitis, it was a miracle food.

NaturalK9supplies often has it on sale PLUS they often send out 15% off codes. I just got 2 bags through that deal (I should have gotten more) and saved $6-$7/bag versus what I can buy it for locally.

It also makes a nice topper for food and as treats it lasts forever. Just an idea for how to offer to your other kids!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yes, beef and pork neck bones are fine. Are you wanting to give those for teeth benefits? I'm glad the ZP seems to be a hit! Good deal!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's about a year old and weighs a little over 4 pounds. You can see her ribs and backbone. There is really just nothing to her. I have 14 dogs including a 55 pound lab/pit mix. I really can't afford to put them all on it right now.

Tracy - Yeah, I want the bones to cleen up her, Twiggy's and Tico's teeth. They are awful. The rest are pretty good, just these three are pretty bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts