Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to look at food at some different places today, and ended up getting food from the first place I went. It was wellness small breed puppy. I read the ingredients and I was pretty impressed. I put a little in with her eukanuba and she ate it no prob. She also likes a teeny bit of warm water in her food, she goes at it better that way.
What do you guys think of wellness?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
...a lot of people have had trouble with Wellness. On paper it's a great food but they've been changing the formula and quality of ingredients without telling consumers and that is causing lots of problems for dogs =( It's owned by Menu foods now, and they don't have the greatest track record. A lot of us used to feed Innova, too, but they got bought out by a major company so we are all switching brands to something smaller/privately owned that is trustworthy :-/

·
Registered
319 Posts
I feed Coco the Wellness Super5Mix Small Breed right now and haven't had any problems. She was on Halo puppy food but I started switching her over once she turned a year old.

I don't know if Wellness Core and the Super5Mix have different formulas or not but, like I said, I haven't had any of the problems others have had.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I was feeding Wellness & had awful problems with the last bags I bought of it (puppy & super5mix) mine had been eating it for a long time & were doing great but then they changed the formulas & it didnt work for us anymore thye started losing fur, itching & had runny poos ocassionally. I switched to Innova & then after a month on that P&G has taken them over so I was done with that food I am not feeding Fromm it is the best food Ive ever had them on IMO Friday used too shed quite a bit but since on this food he seems to have stopped shedding...I would highly recommend Fromm to anyone.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where do you get that at appleblossom?
I don't understand why it's so bad, the ingredients list looks good and it says its made by old mother hubbard or something. I thought that was a decent brand. Ugh! Well i'm glad to say no loose stools yet and she is a super eater. She eats a decent amount and pretty often. I just leave her food out all the time.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
It was a great food & still may be for some dogs, they are now being manufactured by diamond so Im assuming that an ingredient has been changed & just never noted on the bag. I got Fromm from a specialty pet boutique. Here is the link to their site you can do a store locator search & see if anyone sells it near you.

http://www.frommfamily.com/

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They dont sell it in my area. I have been reading about all kinds of dog foods and reviews, etc. Holy cow, for each food you'll read about as many bad and good reviews. My head hurts from stressing about it. FOr instance, the blue buffalo sounds good then i read from a lot of people that their dog didnt like the "life bits" in it or it caused them to have runny poo, etc.
Well thus far she is eating the eukanuba puppy from the breeder mixed with the wellness super 5 puppy that i got her. she likes it all and her poop is perfect. :D

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
where do you get that at appleblossom?
I don't understand why it's so bad, the ingredients list looks good and it says its made by old mother hubbard or something. I thought that was a decent brand. Ugh! Well i'm glad to say no loose stools yet and she is a super eater. She eats a decent amount and pretty often. I just leave her food out all the time.
It's not made by old mother hubbard, that's just it's partner company. It recently outsourced it's production to Diamond (the leader in the big 2007 recalls). I've had just about the excact same problems as appleblossom, after feeding Wellness Core for over a year, both my dogs got very sick all of the sudden after opening a new bag of their food. Bought another to try out and they just kept getting worse. I do know that a lot of people still feed it with no problems so if you don't notice anything bad, go ahead and stick with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts